Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Which one do you like better

Posted by   + Show Post

I want a new bedding set but I'm having a hard time deciding

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
turtle07
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quoting jaytee:

The chair is red with nailhead beading on the edges (does that even make sense?) The curtains are brown. Do you think I should get different curtains too?

Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely number 2 to add some spice. I would try to find some pictures that have some red in them as well.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

How does the rest of your room look? Then I can give you an informed decision.

I like #2 best for your room. It's small and dark and #1 will make it feel that way even more unless you can go bold on your walls.

I would either paint the wall behind your bed the same color red as the comforter, and hang dark brown window panels, or I would go with red window panels and add a wide brown stripe to the bottom.

Also separate your two dressers so that you have a large space betweeen them.  Place the chair between them, a very small table, and hang a mirror or bright print on the wall.  It will open your room up a lot.

psych_mom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Check out Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have lots of beautiful stuff that would work.

Kayla060812
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Barbie, are you sure that you don't want to go into business together, lol. I was thinking the same thing about the dressers, but I see that she has them pushed together for function. Bed side lamps would also help this space a lot with lighting.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

The chair is red with nailhead beading on the edges (does that even make sense?) The curtains are brown. Do you think I should get different curtains too?

Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely number 2 to add some spice. I would try to find some pictures that have some red in them as well.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

I like #2 best for your room. It's small and dark and #1 will make it feel that way even more unless you can go bold on your walls.

I would either paint the wall behind your bed the same color red as the comforter, and hang dark brown window panels, or I would go with red window panels and add a wide brown stripe to the bottom.

Also separate your two dressers so that you have a large space betweeen them.  Place the chair between them, a very small table, and hang a mirror or bright print on the wall.  It will open your room up a lot.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

Barbie, are you sure that you don't want to go into business together, lol. I was thinking the same thing about the dressers, but I see that she has them pushed together for function. Bed side lamps would also help this space a lot with lighting.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

If you are thinking she should paint her early American style nightstands a fun, but slightly distressed color (and I already know you were) then YES! LOL

And Jaytee, I don't mean that in any disrespect to you, but you have some great pieces that could make your room look Amazing with just a few little changes.

psych_mom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

That could be very pretty, she could use chalk paint and ah... sigh... beautiful! LOL. So in a few years when I am burnt out and have my student loans paid off and you are tired of staring at the computer screen all day,  lets go for it :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

If you are thinking she should paint her early American style nightstands a fun, but slightly distressed color (and I already know you were) then YES! LOL

And Jaytee, I don't mean that in any disrespect to you, but you have some great pieces that could make your room look Amazing with just a few little changes.

sreichelt26
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I like the second one better

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

That could be very pretty, she could use chalk paint and ah... sigh... beautiful! LOL. So in a few years when I am burnt out and have my student loans paid off and you are tired of staring at the computer screen all day,  lets go for it :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

You will be a most excellent partner.  I worry that I will be completely crazy by that time so I might need to use some of your psych skills. :)

BTW, my bow tying is not coming along so well. You'll have to be our bow tyer.

psych_mom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well, I will bring you back to sanity and teach you how to make bows and you can teach me all the DIY stuff I don't know :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

You will be a most excellent partner.  I worry that I will be completely crazy by that time so I might need to use some of your psych skills. :)

BTW, my bow tying is not coming along so well. You'll have to be our bow tyer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)