Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which one do you like better

Posted by   + Show Post

I want a new bedding set but I'm having a hard time deciding

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
jaytee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Chalk paint? The nightstands don't match. That's probably tacky, lol!

Quoting psych_mom:

That could be very pretty, she could use chalk paint and ah... sigh... beautiful! LOL. So in a few years when I am burnt out and have my student loans paid off and you are tired of staring at the computer screen all day,  lets go for it :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Barbie, are you sure that you don't want to go into business together, lol. I was thinking the same thing about the dressers, but I see that she has them pushed together for function. Bed side lamps would also help this space a lot with lighting.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

The chair is red with nailhead beading on the edges (does that even make sense?) The curtains are brown. Do you think I should get different curtains too?

Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely number 2 to add some spice. I would try to find some pictures that have some red in them as well.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

How does the rest of your room look? Then I can give you an informed decision.

I like #2 best for your room. It's small and dark and #1 will make it feel that way even more unless you can go bold on your walls.

I would either paint the wall behind your bed the same color red as the comforter, and hang dark brown window panels, or I would go with red window panels and add a wide brown stripe to the bottom.

Also separate your two dressers so that you have a large space betweeen them.  Place the chair between them, a very small table, and hang a mirror or bright print on the wall.  It will open your room up a lot.

If you are thinking she should paint her early American style nightstands a fun, but slightly distressed color (and I already know you were) then YES! LOL

And Jaytee, I don't mean that in any disrespect to you, but you have some great pieces that could make your room look Amazing with just a few little changes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Stacy on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM

No that's not tacky, mine don't match. Chalk paint is awesome. You don't have to prime or do any of the other crazy stuff and you seal it with wax. It helps give it that antiqued look. I am going to apint my new (old) living room tables with it when I get them.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

That could be very pretty, she could use chalk paint and ah... sigh... beautiful! LOL. So in a few years when I am burnt out and have my student loans paid off and you are tired of staring at the computer screen all day,  lets go for it :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Barbie, are you sure that you don't want to go into business together, lol. I was thinking the same thing about the dressers, but I see that she has them pushed together for function. Bed side lamps would also help this space a lot with lighting.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

The chair is red with nailhead beading on the edges (does that even make sense?) The curtains are brown. Do you think I should get different curtains too?

Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely number 2 to add some spice. I would try to find some pictures that have some red in them as well.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

I like #2 best for your room. It's small and dark and #1 will make it feel that way even more unless you can go bold on your walls.

I would either paint the wall behind your bed the same color red as the comforter, and hang dark brown window panels, or I would go with red window panels and add a wide brown stripe to the bottom.

Also separate your two dressers so that you have a large space betweeen them.  Place the chair between them, a very small table, and hang a mirror or bright print on the wall.  It will open your room up a lot.

If you are thinking she should paint her early American style nightstands a fun, but slightly distressed color (and I already know you were) then YES! LOL

And Jaytee, I don't mean that in any disrespect to you, but you have some great pieces that could make your room look Amazing with just a few little changes.

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Oh okay! I'd have to see it. I have a mirror that can go in my space and a candle holding wall sconce. I really like the wall art you posted. I'm pretty sure I decided on bedding set #2! Thanks for your suggestions!

Quoting psych_mom:

No that's not tacky, mine don't match. Chalk paint is awesome. You don't have to prime or do any of the other crazy stuff and you seal it with wax. It helps give it that antiqued look. I am going to apint my new (old) living room tables with it when I get them.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Stacy on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:23 PM

You need to post after pictures :) You're welcome.

Quoting jaytee:

Oh okay! I'd have to see it. I have a mirror that can go in my space and a candle holding wall sconce. I really like the wall art you posted. I'm pretty sure I decided on bedding set #2! Thanks for your suggestions!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I think the 2nd choice is pretty!

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM
First
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting psych_mom:

Well, I will bring you back to sanity and teach you how to make bows and you can teach me all the DIY stuff I don't know :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

You will be a most excellent partner.  I worry that I will be completely crazy by that time so I might need to use some of your psych skills. :)

BTW, my bow tying is not coming along so well. You'll have to be our bow tyer.

Deal!

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I like the second one much better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)