Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

5 Easy Homemade Christmas Stocking Stuffers Your Family Will Love

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

5 Easy Homemade Christmas Stocking Stuffers Your Family Will Love

Posted by Emily Abbate on November 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Christmas TreeThe holidays are a time for family, delicious food, an abundance of Mariah Carey Christmas music, and obviously -- giving. There's nothing better than knowing that you're giving someone you love something they really want. With that said, though, all those holiday gifts for your favorite kiddos tend to add up pretty quickly. What's a budget savvy giver to do? Make some of the gifts herself, of course.

Yeah you may think that homemade gifts are lame, but trust me -- there's a whole world of fun, festive options out there that will be JUST as exciting as that new video game. Tastier too, I swear. Check out our list of 5 easy homemade stocking stuffers:

1. Cookies: Christmas cookies are a personal favorite. Every year, each person in my family chooses a recipe and brings their delicious treats to Christmas Eve to share. Why not package up a few great cookies and place them in everyone's stocking? Get festive by picking a few different recipes and combining them in a cute bag with a fun, big bow. My favorites? Italian tri-color cookies. I promise, you'll love them.

2. Picture frames: In my mind, there is no better sentimental present than a good picture frame. The best part? It's totally easy to jazz up a plain frame from a local budget store. Buy some snazzy ribbons in gold, red, and emerald green, and decorate the frames. Then stick inside a great family photo and -- ta-da! -- you're all set.

3. Fabric bangle bracelets: The little girl on your shopping list will absolutely adore these homemade bangle bracelets. With a simple wood bangle and some other materials, you can decorate the bracelet however you'd like. Or, wrap the bangle in fun fabric for a bolder look.

4. Body scrub: Believe me, this is super easy. With a little granulated white sugar, some olive oil, and a few other ingredients -- you can make homemade body scrub that's cute and seasonal. Mix up some bright colors and the kids will think it's really cool and super grownup. For the recipe, click here.

4. Homemade Play-Doh: What little kid doesn't love Play-Doh? Save some change this holiday by making it yourself.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • Food coloring of your choice

Instructions: 1. Mix all ingredients besides food coloring in a sauce pan, stirring constantly. Soon, a ball of dough will form.

2. Remove dough from pan and knead until smooth. Divide dough into as many colors as you want, and add food coloring until you reach desired color.

What will you be filling your Christmas stockings with this year?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Great ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Good Ideas.

We are putting a dvd,storybook, tooth brush, 3 crafts (small one), coloring/activity books, crayons/pens/markers, socks, gloves, hats/tabogans, and at least one things of chocolate.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Candy!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM

My son is getting 3 small Christmas-themed lego packages, a box of sour patch kids, Harry Potter dvd and slippers in his stocking.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Great ideas :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN