Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Help! Does anyone know how to clean this kind of stuffed animal?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

Here is a picture of the toy my daughter has:

The material it's made of feels almost like thin swimwear fabric and it is stuffed completely with the extremely small beads (there are lots of little neck pillows that is made from the same thing in stores now). It does say spot clean only but then again so does every other stuffed animal and all us moms know that some of those aren't true ;) Plus, I don't know if spot cleaning will do it for this guy. My daughter is potty training and we left her empty potty in her room last night for a 'just in case' moment. Well, DD woke up earlier than DH this morning, took her diaper off, and peed inthe potty. She then dipped this guy's face and feet into the potty to 'drink' it :/ DH didn't know what to do with it (I was at work) and stuck it in the laundry room for me to figure out. There is a very distinct dark water mark all over its face and the bottoms of all four feet. Is there anything I can do (even if it's hand washing) that will get rid of the stain?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
The_Doodle
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

BUMP!

The_Doodle
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM

BUMP!

psych_mom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM

There is a cleaner called kids n' pets and you could try hand washing it with that stuff. Anytime one of my kids or pets get anything on the carpet it takes it right out. You may want to try to a spot on it to make sure it doesn't fade it. You could also just try some detergent in the sink as well. Let it soak really well for a while and add just a little bit of vinegar to help with odor and then hang it up to dry.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I would put it inside a pillowcase and toss it on a gentle cycle in the washing machine and then set it out to dry..

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Quoting rocamom:

I would put it inside a pillowcase and toss it on a gentle cycle in the washing machine and then set it out to dry..

I think I would try this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)