Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does YOUR December look like?

Posted by   + Show Post

The month of December is always very busy for us. I just finished filling out the month of December on our little calendar. I put on there the things I could readily remember, but I know I will need to go back and add more stuff. I just can't remember everything right now.

So, this is what our calendar looks like. What do you have on YOUR calendar for December? :)

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (11-19):
Shelly126
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Finishing up the Christmas decorating and shopping which was started after thanksgiving around here, shopping and planning for my twin boys birthday in the beginning of the month, their party which this year will be a small family party @ our house, baking, planning and shopping for Christmas dinner which we will host @ our house as we always do. A few Holiday parties and a visit with BIL, SIL & their kids a few days after Christmas so we can celebrate with them and all the kids can see each other.
Aleta775
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, you sound very busy. Good luck with the birthday party. :)  

Quoting Shelly126:

Finishing up the Christmas decorating and shopping which was started after thanksgiving around here, shopping and planning for my twin boys birthday in the beginning of the month, their party which this year will be a small family party @ our house, baking, planning and shopping for Christmas dinner which we will host @ our house as we always do. A few Holiday parties and a visit with BIL, SIL & their kids a few days after Christmas so we can celebrate with them and all the kids can see each other.

armyvet06
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Ours is boring. We have family flying in for christmas and it will be my first time meeting one of my younger cousins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Don't knock the month being slow. I love Christmas and Yule, but it can get crazy. I would like a day or two where we can just chill, build a fire, and stare at the tree you know? That calendar is filling up FAST. I like the activities because they are fun, but sometimes I think we get ourselves into too many things.  

I hope that your family has a safe trip, and that you all have a great time during their visit.

Quoting armyvet06:

Ours is boring. We have family flying in for christmas and it will be my first time meeting one of my younger cousins.

Legaltype
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I think I have you beat. Let's see:

1. Dec. 5th - my birthday - celebrate after work
2. Dec. 8th - Christmas get-together with extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins)
3. Dec. 13th - Aerosmith/Cheap Trick concert;
4. Dec. 14th - Son's graduation from ITT Tech;
5. Dec. 15th - Our 6th wedding anniversary;
6. Dec. 16th - Buy/cook food for me and hubby to take to work as our Xmas present to co-workers on the 17th
7. Dec. 21st - Company Christmas Party
8. Dec. 24th - Christmas Eve (cook/entertain)
9. Dec. 25th - Christmas Day (cook/entertain)

And that list doesn't include decorating the house, Christmas shopping, wrapping, and the regular working everyday at my job and cleaning house. I'm sure we'll all make it though! :)

Mommyof2114
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM
My sons school has a lot going on. This weekend is all about decorating :) buy my youngest a Christmas stocking, Christmas tree, christmas tree stand, clear lights, ornamates and ribbon. Then enjoy the weekend and take things one day at a time. I also need to wrap gifts and buy more stuff
cowgirls10181
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM
From dec 22- jan 2 vacarion everyone is home! Dec 6 2 school programs, dec 8 town Christmas dinner, n santa comes to town! Weekends hubby hunting with one or two of the kids, me sewing and crafting Christmas gifts!
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM

2 kids ( our oldest son on the 12 & our middle dd on the 21, she is being teased about that being the day the world is supposed to end!) with birthdays; 2 grandkids, a set of twins, with birthdays (actually 4, but the other 2 - also a set of twins - are angels in Heaven); 2 neices & our middle daughter's fiancee' also have birthdays.  ThenI have an appt at the hospital for my mammagram, a pelvic sonogram & a bone density test.  We have 2 Lions Club meetings and I have a homemaker's meeting; there are 2 Lions Club dances (which we are hoping to get to), and on the 8th dh is supposed to work the Lions Club 'Breakfast with Santa.  I still have a bit of Christmas shopping to do to finish up and oh yeah ... on th 9th we're having the youth from church come; we're hosting the or'derves (however it's spelled) part of their Christmas Progressive Dinner.  I still have to wrap presents and and get several them in the mail to Florida ... and of course there is still Christmas Day!!!

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Dec. 1 - Christmas parade (son marches & our church has a float)

Dec. 10 - ODS band concert

Dec. 17 - nephew birthday

Dec. 21 - uncle birthday

Dec. 23 - Kids' Christmas program at church

Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve church service

Dec. 25 - Christmas

Dec. 29 - my extended family Christmas get together

Dec. 30 - in-laws extended family Christmas

Dec. 31 - New Year's Eve

Scouts for 3 boys every week & of course working full time (but off from Dec. 21-Jan. 1)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)