Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

My front door wreath.... Barbie it involves a bow :)

Posted by   + Show Post

So I decided to get crafty and make a wreath for my front door- it was suppose to involve a glue gun and ornaments, but my husband was also involved so it ended up with pine cones, apples and cranberries- I put it all together while he and the cats watched.

The cat did try to help at one point-

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
jaytee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Holy Yikes! and that would be why I don't buy wreaths. $49.99?! I could find something else to spend that on! Clothes, shoes, necklaces...

Quoting psych_mom:

Thanks! Sure, why not? I'll only charge you $49.99, lol. I think that's what I saw handmade wreaths for at Michael's.

Quoting jaytee:

Very nice!

Feel like making another one? Lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Oh, I love it!  That is almost the look I was thinking of doing my tree this year. Your bow is amazing!  That's the type I've been trying to make but the loops are all uneven when I make it, and they bunch to one side. I have bow envy.  You must come over and help me!!!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Quoting rocamom:

I like the one with the cat :) hahaha

Me too, but I'm sure the neigbors would complain if she tried to hang it. LOL.

psych_mom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

That's why I made my own. I had the wreath, got the lights, bow and other little things for less than $12.

Quoting jaytee:

Holy Yikes! and that would be why I don't buy wreaths. $49.99?! I could find something else to spend that on! Clothes, shoes, necklaces...

Quoting psych_mom:

Thanks! Sure, why not? I'll only charge you $49.99, lol. I think that's what I saw handmade wreaths for at Michael's.

Quoting jaytee:

Very nice!

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I wish I was crafty...

Quoting psych_mom:

That's why I made my own. I had the wreath, got the lights, bow and other little things for less than $12.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Very nice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Thank you:) If you will send me your ribbon I can make you a bow. I don't mind.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Oh, I love it!  That is almost the look I was thinking of doing my tree this year. Your bow is amazing!  That's the type I've been trying to make but the loops are all uneven when I make it, and they bunch to one side. I have bow envy.  You must come over and help me!!!

psych_mom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I'm not crafty at all, lol. I can make bows and decorate, but not much of anything else.

Quoting jaytee:

I wish I was crafty...

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Very nice!

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I wouldn't even know where to begin when it comes to bow making! Decorating I could do an okay job if I had the proper tools/funds, Kwim?

Quoting psych_mom:

I'm not crafty at all, lol. I can make bows and decorate, but not much of anything else.

Quoting jaytee:

I wish I was crafty...

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Very nice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM

My husband would have tried it HAHAHAH!!

Quoting psych_mom:

I do too, but I didn't think he would like me hanging him on the front door.

Quoting rocamom:

I like the one with the cat :) hahaha

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
psych_mom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

This is what I did with my remaining ribbon tonight-

I was afraid it wasn't going to look right without a bow at the top, but it actually looks good with my vintage angel. So glad because I am not taking her off my tree, lol.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)