Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Freezer meals?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone else make freezer meals? Today I am making 10 meals to put in my freezer for later use. We just started doing this and we LOVE it. It makes life so much easier and actually saves a lot of money. I was shocked at how easy it is to do.

I was wondering if anyone had any favorite freezer meals they would be willing to share?

Our current favorite is Chicken Pot Pie from a recipe here:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-pot-pie-ix/detail.aspx

I freeze the bottom crust while I'm making everything to put in it so it won't get soggy. It actually freezes and re-heats very well.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I have never been a fan of freezing..... I hope you find some good recipes though :)

my4kidsrock2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:45 PM

We've actually found several that we like so far but I'm always looking for something new  :)  

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

I have never been a fan of freezing..... I hope you find some good recipes though :)

SweetPea2004
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be interested, the only thing I freeze is spaghetti sauce.

my4kidsrock2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Like SweetPea the only thing I freeze is spagetti sauce and tortollini.

my4kidsrock2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Anyone else?

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I do crock pot freezer meals. I'll have to get back to you with links to the sites I use.

my4kidsrock2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I've done a few crock pot meals. They are really nice for days when we will be extra busy, lol. I just prepped a crock pot chicken alfredo today. I hope it's good.....    :)

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I do crock pot freezer meals. I'll have to get back to you with links to the sites I use.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM

We freeze many as we give several LO meals if enough for just one to my youngest DS :)

Aleta775
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I <3 my chest freezer.

I make two kinds of lasagna. One is Italian, and then I sort of invented what I like to call a Mexican lasagna. I use tortillas in place of lasagna noddles. Both are very yummy, and they freeze well and are easy to reheat.

I also make large batches of chili and freeze it into large ziplock bags. I thaw them out and then dump it in a crock pot to warm it up. If I can't think of what to make for dinner, I always have a stash of delicious chili. I always keep shredded cheese, tortilla chips and salsa in the house at all times, just in case. ;)

I like to freeze bread, and other baked goods, and butter. You can also freeze big blocks of cheese. You just leave these items out on the counter and they thaw out very well for use. I've also made large batches of pie crust. You can roll the crust into balls, and then wrap them in cellophane, and then you guessed it, pop them into the freezer. Then if you want to make a pie, you just grab a ball of dough and let thaw. Easy. I can get about 12 pie crusts out of the mix I make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN