Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I'm done with baking! I'm so mad right now.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  • 19 Replies

Okay, so I'm not totally done with baking. I am done with baking anything for my dh. I baked him a pumpkin pie, per his request for Thanksgiving. I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, and neither is our dd. My dh had a slice of pie on Thanksgiving, and a friend of ours had some. Dh and our friend said that the pie was awesome. Dh took the pie to work, and he said he would eat it as snacks. Okay, so some time has gone by. I asked him if he was done with the pie because I wanted the pie dish back so I could make a quiche. He said he was done, and would be bring the dish home. Great.

Well, he brings it home. The second I laid eyes on it, I nearly exploded. It was COVERED with mold! He had eaten one slice of pie and then left it. Seriously, there was no more of that pie gone than what was eaten at freakin' Thanksgiving.

Now, ladies. I'm not bragging or anything when I say I am an excellent cook. I have worked as a sous chef for a professional gourmet catering company. I know what the Hell I am doing. I've been cooking and baking since I was 9! I know how to make an out of this world pumpkin pie, even if I don't really care for them. It was made from scratch.

The thing that makes me so mad, is the fact that this in not the first time I have made something special just for my dh and he didn't eat it and let it got to waste. He has made a habit of this since we have been married, which is ten years now. I'm done with this mess. I'm tired of putting in money, work, and effort into something that he is not going to eat.

I cleaned up that disgusting pie dish. Then I told him I would never bake him another thing again. This included birthday cakes. If he wants a birthday cake he can buy one.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aleta775
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM

BUMP

SassyWildflower
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Ugh. I am so sorry. I would be beyond pissed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I don't want to be cruel, but I just can't keep doing this for him. I've baked him cakes, and pies for a long time now. His favorite cake is not easy to make. It is a chocolate cherry cake, and it has a hard chocolate shell. It tastes a lot like a cherry cordial only it is a cake. That damn cake can be a bear to make, and I have made it for him on his birthday for many years now. I'm not making it this year. It goes to waste. 

I think I will only bake stuff that I like. I'm making a buttered rum cake on Friday. It is super yummy and easy. :)  

Quoting SassyWildflower:

snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Sorry your upset :(

psych_mom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM
For me, I bake because I enjoy it. There are times when everything doesn't get eaten even though everyone loved them. I don't take it personally. Bake because it's something you want to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Honestly, I don't blame you.  I learned my lesson with the first birthday cake I made for DH.  He let it go to waste and I never baked him another one again.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting Aleta775:

Well, I don't want to be cruel, but I just can't keep doing this for him. I've baked him cakes, and pies for a long time now. His favorite cake is not easy to make. It is a chocolate cherry cake, and it has a hard chocolate shell. It tastes a lot like a cherry cordial only it is a cake. That damn cake can be a bear to make, and I have made it for him on his birthday for many years now. I'm not making it this year. It goes to waste. 

I think I will only bake stuff that I like. I'm making a buttered rum cake on Friday. It is super yummy and easy. :)  

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Yay to buttered rum cake. Keep a shot on the side for yourself. You deserve it!!

I've become the same way with my husband.  He'll make a special request and then barely eats it.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM

That's to bad.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I agree..I have had the same thing happen-bake a wonderful pie/cake and it doesn't all get eaten.

Quoting psych_mom:

For me, I bake because I enjoy it. There are times when everything doesn't get eaten even though everyone loved them. I don't take it personally. Bake because it's something you want to do.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Wow I don't blame you one bit for being so upset,
Hugs to you :)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)