Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What's the "Big Ticket Item" on your kid's wishlist this year?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

They come in XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, WiiU, and Nitendo 3Ds.

If you do end up getting it, You can always tell family to go in together to buy whatever character packs he's wanting for his next birthday or even for Christmas (if you're going there AFTER he opens this gift from you LOL).

Quoting telecomgirl:

We have an Xbox so that's good news!

Those characters look so creepy! lol ....but that's just part of him being a boy I guess...liking those types of things...

Yeah, they're kinda expensive. DH isn't set on buying it...he doesn't like the idea of having to keep buying more characters, those are expensive too! lol ...so we'll see.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Skylander is a game for Wii and/or Xbox. I don't know if they have it out for PS3 yet or not.

Anyhow you connect this "Portal" up and you place little figurines on the portal and that's the character you become for the game system. You can switch out character throughout the game for different powers/strengths.

My nephew was wanting it for Christmas as well, we were on the search for it on Black Friday but the cheapest we found it was $70 :-/

Quoting telecomgirl:

My son wants a bike and something called Skylander. lol ...I kind of understand what it is, but am still mostly clueless.

My daughter says all she wants are barbies and an Easy Bake Oven! lol

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Yes, its so sweet. We have asked him over and over if he is sure that is all that he wanted and its been the same thing for months. And then he asked if we could get rid of all of his baby toys and the stuff he didn't play with anymore, he wanted to give it to kids that don't get any toys for Christmas. So thats what we did. He's a boy that makes his momma proud :-)

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

:) Don't you love it when they has such simple requests?

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

All Chance asked for was a remote controlled tank and some army men. So he got that and then since he's obssessed with Army stuff I've bought pretty much army toy I could find.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

xBox360 with Skylanders and a tv.  Originally we got him a wiiU but once we got it home and looked at it, it looked lame so we returned it.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Yes they are expensive which is why we don't know if youngest ds will get one or not,
Keep in mind my sons are *adults* & so these items are things they know they can't afford.
That being said neither can we .. but tis the season  :)

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

wow! :) We thought about getting the kids new tvs too but they sold out of them on Black Friday before we could get anywhere near them!

Quoting hugss:

Oldest ds wants a new xbox
youngest wants a tv .. we haven't decided what we're doing for them yet :)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Oh okay! I wasn't sure if it had to be a certain price to be considered big ticket. Lol.

T's most expensive gift is a video game

K's most expensive gift is her 5 doll Monster High pack

J's most expensive gift is her Umizoomie remote control car

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

The most expensive thing on their wish list

Quoting jaytee:

What qualifies as a big ticket item?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Quoting telecomgirl:

My son wants a bike and something called Skylander. lol ...I kind of understand what it is, but am still mostly clueless.

My daughter says all she wants are barbies and an Easy Bake Oven! lol

My son wants it too. I had no idea what it was so I had to figure it out. Its confusing at first - and you have to make sure you get the starter pack, not the portal owner pack -  but I can help you out if you have any questions.

snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

ooh :)

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

The new Ipod Touch!

My wallet is screaming Ouch!!! lol....

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I've heard that a lot about the wiiU. :-/

Quoting Linds2Horse:

xBox360 with Skylanders and a tv.  Originally we got him a wiiU but once we got it home and looked at it, it looked lame so we returned it.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Looks like they're going to have a great Christmas!!! :) I bet they'll be so excited to see these when they get up on Christmas morning!

Quoting jaytee:

Oh okay! I wasn't sure if it had to be a certain price to be considered big ticket. Lol.

T's most expensive gift is a video game

K's most expensive gift is her 5 doll Monster High pack

J's most expensive gift is her Umizoomie remote control car

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

The most expensive thing on their wish list

Quoting jaytee:

What qualifies as a big ticket item?

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My son wants a wii U..  My daughter wants EVERYTHING..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)