With our 30-day plan, finally getting (and staying) organized couldnâ€™t be easier. The secret? Simple projectsâ€”one for each day of the monthâ€”that add up to a clean and de-cluttered home. So go ahead, set the plan into motion today!
Before you get started, click print so you can cross off projects as you complete them. Each day, focus on one area of your home or life:
- Day 1: Schedule. First things first: Block off time to organize each day for the next month and mark it on your calendar.
Tip: Need help managing your busy schedule? Make a dry erase calendar using a repurposed frame.
- Day 12: Drawers. Conquer at least one overcrowded drawer with the simple 2-step approach in Total Drawer Clean Out.
- Day 13: Coupons. Collect and sort through deals using easy-to-repurpose items, like a clutch or binder.
- Day 14: Entertainment Area. Tidy this action-packed space with our guide to de-cluttering entertainment areas.
- Day 15: Books. Celebrate your collection by organizing every book in style.
- Day 16: Photos. Digital or print, take some time to properly protect and store photosfor years to come.
- Day 17: Desk. Clean and streamline your workspace in 3 easy steps.
- Day 18: Paperwork. Find forms, bills, receipts and more when you need them most with an organized folder system.
- Day 19: Hallways. Take advantage of empty hallway walls by hanging shelves orrepurposed ladders to create extra storage.
- Day 20: Bathrooms. Keep it calm, not cluttered. After all, itâ€™s where you start and end days. Learn over 20 ways to tame the mess in Organized Bathroom Ideas.
- Day 21: Linen Closet. Beyond towels and sheets, itâ€™s a catchall for all sorts of odds and ends, so maximize its storage potential.
- Day 22: Jewelry. Sort, organize and stow your precious jewels.
- Day 23: Bedroom. Rest and relaxation come easier in clean, organized surroundings.Straighten up your bedroom to help get a better nightâ€™s sleep.
Tip: As you make your bed, spray fabric sheets with FebrezeÂ® Fabric Refresher. When you finally hit the hay at the end of the day, youâ€™ll be greeted with freshness!
Tip: If you wind up with a pile of spare hangers, repurpose them as organizers.
- Day 25: Purse. Put an end to digging around for that tube of lip balm! For the full how-to, read Total Purse Clean Out.
- Day 26: Basement/Garage. Hang pegboards for stashing sports equipment, garden gear, tools and other heavy-duty items.
How do you keep your home clutter-free after an initial overhaul? What do you have the most trouble keeping organizing?
on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM