Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Get Organized In 30 Days!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

Source

With our 30-day plan, finally getting (and staying) organized couldn’t be easier. The secret? Simple projects—one for each day of the month—that add up to a clean and de-cluttered home. So go ahead, set the plan into motion today!

Get Organized in 30 Days

Before you get started, click print so you can cross off projects as you complete them. Each day, focus on one area of your home or life:

• Day 1: Schedule. First things first: Block off time to organize each day for the next month and mark it on your calendar.

Tip: Need help managing your busy schedule? Make a dry erase calendar using a repurposed frame.

• Day 3: Coat Closet. From coats to boots, wrangle outdoor gear once and for all.
  • Day 4: Pantry. Complete a Total Pantry Clean Out now and you’ll spend less time later in search of hidden ingredients.

Tip: As you make your bed, spray fabric sheets with Febreze® Fabric Refresher. When you finally hit the hay at the end of the day, you’ll be greeted with freshness!

Tip: If you wind up with a pile of spare hangers, repurpose them as organizers.

• Day 25: Purse. Put an end to digging around for that tube of lip balm! For the full how-to, read Total Purse Clean Out.
  • Day 26: Basement/Garage. Hang pegboards for stashing sports equipment, garden gear, tools and other heavy-duty items.

How do you keep your home clutter-free after an initial overhaul? What do you have the most trouble keeping organizing?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

This is helpful,
While I do plan to declutter/clean .. will have to start in another area then how they suggest.
Thanks for sharing :)

bec94
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Bump for later! Thanks!
Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Great ideas. I was lucky to be "born organized" as Dan puts it.

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Thanks for posting!

loveeeyore
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Love it ! Thank you !

Colettelove you sign

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Tfs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:45 AM

My SIL does a 15 minute a day for I think 15 days.  It's similar but not as long.. I do LOVE this idea and the schedule of it too..  I think I might need in on this one :)

Will you post this daily??

LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Great post!!!!!

SassyWildflower
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM

good tips!

powow65
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM

tyvm for the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)