With our 30-day plan, finally getting (and staying) organized couldnâ€™t be easier. The secret? Simple projectsâ€”one for each day of the monthâ€”that add up to a clean and de-cluttered home. So go ahead, set the plan into motion today!
Before you get started, click print so you can cross off projects as you complete them. Each day, focus on one area of your home or life:
- Day 1: Schedule. First things first: Block off time to organize each day for the next month and mark it on your calendar.
Tip: Need help managing your busy schedule? Make a dry erase calendar using a repurposed frame.
- Day 3: Coat Closet. From coats to boots, wrangle outdoor gear once and for all.
- Day 4: Pantry. Complete a Total Pantry Clean Out now and youâ€™ll spend less time later in search of hidden ingredients.
- Day 5: Mealtime. Start pre-planning meals with our free Weekly Menu Planner. It helps limit last-minute trips to the grocery and streamlines dinnertime.
- Day 6: Kitchen Cabinets. Tackle every last one using these 9 tricks for keeping neat, clutter-free cabinets.
- Day 7: Refrigerator. Follow 5 steps to refresh your fridge inside and out.
- Day 8: Dining Area. Clear away paper clutter, homework and craft projects.
- Day 9: Menus. Contain take-out menus in a personalized organizer, easy to make with our free downloadable designs and labels.
- Day 10: Recipes. Build a storage system from scratch or enhance your existing method. See Simple Ways to Organize Recipes for full tutorials.
- Day 11: Dishwasher. No more wondering whatâ€™s clean or dirty! Let everyone know when itâ€™s ready to run or unload with do-it-yourself dishwasher signs.
- Day 12: Drawers. Conquer at least one overcrowded drawer with the simple 2-step approach in Total Drawer Clean Out.
- Day 13: Coupons. Collect and sort through deals using easy-to-repurpose items, like a clutch or binder.
- Day 14: Entertainment Area. Tidy this action-packed space with our guide to de-cluttering entertainment areas.
- Day 15: Books. Celebrate your collection by organizing every book in style.
- Day 16: Photos. Digital or print, take some time to properly protect and store photosfor years to come.
- Day 17: Desk. Clean and streamline your workspace in 3 easy steps.
- Day 18: Paperwork. Find forms, bills, receipts and more when you need them most with an organized folder system.
- Day 19: Hallways. Take advantage of empty hallway walls by hanging shelves orrepurposed ladders to create extra storage.
- Day 20: Bathrooms. Keep it calm, not cluttered. After all, itâ€™s where you start and end days. Learn over 20 ways to tame the mess in Organized Bathroom Ideas.
- Day 21: Linen Closet. Beyond towels and sheets, itâ€™s a catchall for all sorts of odds and ends, so maximize its storage potential.
- Day 22: Jewelry. Sort, organize and stow your precious jewels.
- Day 23: Bedroom. Rest and relaxation come easier in clean, organized surroundings.Straighten up your bedroom to help get a better nightâ€™s sleep.
Tip: As you make your bed, spray fabric sheets with FebrezeÂ® Fabric Refresher. When you finally hit the hay at the end of the day, youâ€™ll be greeted with freshness!
- Day 24: Clothing Closet. Overhaul it from top to bottom using our clever sorting and storage systems.
Tip: If you wind up with a pile of spare hangers, repurpose them as organizers.
- Day 25: Purse. Put an end to digging around for that tube of lip balm! For the full how-to, read Total Purse Clean Out.
- Day 26: Basement/Garage. Hang pegboards for stashing sports equipment, garden gear, tools and other heavy-duty items.
- Day 27: Laundry Room. Divide the space into 3 stations to create a structured laundry day routine.
- Day 28: Craft Area. Round up all the leftover supplies from past projects and put them away.
- Day 29: Wrapping Supplies. Convert a hamper into a storage bin for gift-wrapping supplies galore.
- Day 30: Car. Ride happier when you tidy your carâ€™s interior.
How do you keep your home clutter-free after an initial overhaul? What do you have the most trouble keeping organizing?