Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Get Organized: DAY 2

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM
  • 13 Replies

Day 2: Entryway. Corral stray shoes, bags, umbrellas, keys and other daily clutter with wooden cratestrays or personalized storage baskets.

for this one: I'd love it if everyone would play before and after pictures so we can see the difference!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM

How did I miss Day 1?  I didn't see the post.. OK I'm totally doing this as soon as the kids head off to school.. :)

psych_mom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I already do this. We have an antique silver bowl for keys, a basket for shoes and a container on the front porch for umbrellas.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

we do this. I have a tray for shoes, Keys go in a certain place.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM

My entry way is the front door.  I don't have a "foyer" or even a short hallway.  So.. DONE!  :Þ

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Day 1 was just to get a calendar and block out time to do these actvities over the rest of the month

Quoting rocamom:

How did I miss Day 1?  I didn't see the post.. OK I'm totally doing this as soon as the kids head off to school.. :)

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM

We don't have a foyer either.  We enter our house through our kitchen door; we do have a place to hang keys right inside the door, but we use it for other stuff, we used to keep keys to mil's house there, but not any longer.  We have a place for shoes inside the door.  If you come in the real 'front door' (which we never use & if someone comes to that door, we know it's a salesperson, since they are the only ones to come to that door) you come smack inside the living room.

bec94
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Bump for when I'm home :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

We don't have an actual entryway but we have the sunporch that we use to put shoes on/off, jackets, etc. I will be working in that area today at some point. 

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

OH OK gotcha :)

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Day 1 was just to get a calendar and block out time to do these actvities over the rest of the month

Quoting rocamom:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Thanks for sharing :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)