Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How nuts is this.. UPDATED!!!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 29 Replies

Ok so my husbands fathers cousin adobted a son a long time ago..  He went into the service and did fight in Iraq for a while.. He came back to the US about 6 months ago.  Well 2 days ago he was pumping gas and a robber shot him in the head.  He is now on life support while they find people do donate his organs to. 

The family is devistated.  I have met him only once as they don't live in the same state as us.  It's just horrible that something like this would happen...  What on earth is wrong with this world?  My heart is broken for a fallen hero and for my husbands family.

SO SAD!!

This is the original news story : http://www.wivb.com//dpp/news/local/wny-soldier-killed-near-fort-hood-in-tx

this is the update on the news today http://www.wivb.com//dpp/news/wyoming/arrest-made-in-murder-of-wny-soldier

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Wow.  This world has just gone to shit.  I don't think I will ever understand what people are thinking (I probably wouldn't want to).  How sad for his family and friends.

(((HUGS)))

smile357
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM

The world is getting very scarry in some ways

psych_mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Such a sad thing. Prayers for his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
A sign of the times. So sad for his family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Thanks everyone.. I have been praying since yesterday and we are just waiting to hear an update on him.. Unfortunately we are actually just waiting to know that he's out of surgery and then he'll be taken off life support.  I'm just happy his spirit will go on inside others.  It's amazing he's a Hero saving lives with his organs.

telecomgirl
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM

That's horrible, really really horrible! :(  

I'll say some prayers for your husband's family...that's just heartbreaking and sad.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM

This is so sad.  :(

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM

So sad ::sigh::
Lots of prayers & good thoughs for all .

Blue231
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I'm so sorry. That is so very sad. Did they catch the robber? I hope he is behind bars. How could someone do something so horrible?
rocamom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Unfortunarely the information train is VERY slow in this family. So I don't know if he was caught yet.

Quoting Blue231:

I'm so sorry. That is so very sad. Did they catch the robber? I hope he is behind bars. How could someone do something so horrible?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN