Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Have you ever...

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:26 AM
  • 46 Replies
Have you ever had a child hospitalized for any amount of time?
How long did they have to stay?

My dd is going on her third day in here for dehydration from the rotavirus. She wants to go home so bad. I keep telling her we have to get her all better first so we don't have to come back and stay longer.
This is our first time dealing with hospital time for our kids--other than when they were born.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM

((hugs))

My daughter was hospitalized for asthma and pneumonia. Asthma seems to be a yearly thing(gets so bad she neeeds to be hospitalized).

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Aww sorry you guys have to stay another day,
Good on what you told her though.

When my youngest ds was just a month or so I think .. we had him in the hospital,
Course we was pretty young but still.
We stayed close to a week .. the longest week of my life!

Hope she feels better so she can go home tomorrow :)

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Oh my!!
Poor thing.

Quoting inmybizz:

((hugs))

My daughter was hospitalized for asthma and pneumonia. Asthma seems to be a yearly thing(gets so bad she neeeds to be hospitalized).

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I can imagine! It feels like we have been here forever =/

We are hoping for good news about going home this morning!
Shes eating and drinking..out of her bed sitting in a chair.
we braided her hair and put some smelly good stuff on her lol
Shes back to her silly little self pretty much.

Quoting hugss:

When my youngest ds was just a month or so I think .. we had him in the hospital,

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Time does seem to slow when you are held prisoner <g>
So glad she is back to her silly self now.
Fingers crossed for good news!
Let us know :)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I can imagine! It feels like we have been here forever =/

We are hoping for good news about going home this morning!
Shes eating and drinking..out of her bed sitting in a chair.
we braided her hair and put some smelly good stuff on her lol
Shes back to her silly little self pretty much.

Quoting hugss:

MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Dd was hospitalized for 8 days at birth, and over night at age 1, and again this past December
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We brought Madison home when she was 29 days old.  That was on a Friday.  On Monday her temperature spiked.  I freaked out (naturally) because it was my first full day alone with her.  I bundled her up and took her to the ER.  When we left the house to go pick up my husband from work she was in the 101... range.  By the time we got to the hospital she was 104.5!!

The admitted her of course.. ran all kinds of tests on her.  The spintal tap was my particular favorite (NOT!).  I was thiseclose to punching a doctor!  Not because they were doing anything wrong, but because of the screaming.  :\

We ended up being in the hosptial for 3 days.  I stayed there round the clock and sent my husband home at night so he could get some sleep.  I got a break when my grandmother came up to the hospital to sit with Madison for awhile and DH made me go home and change clothes, get a shower, etc..

Turned out she had some type of blood infection from birth.  Nothing major but it sure took a toll on my mental well-being at the time LOL.  I guess what better way to jump into motherhood than feet first, in freezing temperatures, while kicking and screaming.  Yay.  LOL

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Oh my.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Dd was hospitalized for 8 days at birth, and over night at age 1, and again this past December
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM
OMGawsh. I would have freaked out!

I have gotten out of here once wince we got here. Yesterday my mom came up so I could go home, shower and spend a bit of time with hubby & T.

I have been around these docs since 3:15 on Friday.lol that's when I took her in. From her doc they admitted her to the hospital...

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

We brought Madison home when she was 29 days old.  That was on a Friday.  On Monday her temperature spiked.  I freaked out (naturally) because it was my first full day alone with her.  I bundled her up and took her to the ER.  When we left the house to go pick up my husband from work she was in the 101... range.  By the time we got to the hospital she was 104.5!!

The admitted her of course.. ran all kinds of tests on her.  The spintal tap was my particular favorite (NOT!).  I was thiseclose to punching a doctor!  Not because they were doing anything wrong, but because of the screaming.  :\

We ended up being in the hosptial for 3 days.  I stayed there round the clock and sent my husband home at night so he could get some sleep.  I got a break when my grandmother came up to the hospital to sit with Madison for awhile and DH made me go home and change clothes, get a shower, etc..

Turned out she had some type of blood infection from birth.  Nothing major but it sure took a toll on my mental well-being at the time LOL.  I guess what better way to jump into motherhood than feet first, in freezing temperatures, while kicking and screaming.  Yay.  LOL

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I was freaking out.  I remember going outside and calling a friend of mine and just BAWLING.  I didn't want to cry around DH because he was already upset.  I kept thinking, "OMGosh what if this is a sign!!"  But it all worked out LOL.

Hopefully you guys get to go home today!  :)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

OMGawsh. I would have freaked out!

I have gotten out of here once wince we got here. Yesterday my mom came up so I could go home, shower and spend a bit of time with hubby & T.

I have been around these docs since 3:15 on Friday.lol that's when I took her in. From her doc they admitted her to the hospital...

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)