Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

wood flooring on the walls

and ceiling

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (11-18):
psych_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I have to agree. It has to be done in a house that can carry that style off. It wouldn't work in my house, but the examples that you gave it works.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I do like if its done in a spot that suits it. ....I have to add that disclaimer b/c dh and I used to have neighbors that tried everything they saw on HGTV.  (There house was eclectic to say the least.) They had a wall of wood flooring (next to their wall of plaster and hay) and it made a WTF statement.  But at the same time I have two friends that put wood flooring on the wall behind their bed and it looks OMG good.

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM

No

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I think it definitely has it's place to look beautiful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Only for the floors ;)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I do like if its done in a spot that suits it. ....I have to add that disclaimer b/c dh and I used to have neighbors that tried everything they saw on HGTV.  (There house was eclectic to say the least.) They had a wall of wood flooring (next to their wall of plaster and hay) and it made a WTF statement.  But at the same time I have two friends that put wood flooring on the wall behind their bed and it looks OMG good.

My thoughts as well..My friend was explaining what she had done to her room and in my mind i was like I don't know if it will look good. I saw it the other day and it was beautiful..I thought it was a neat feature...

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Not as a general rule; but there might be a place where it might work. 

cafay
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I don't care for the flooring anywhere but on the floor. But I do like b-board on cielings. Does that make any sense?

telecomgirl
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I actually love it.

My great aunt and great uncle have wooden flooring on their walls/ceiling (he was an architect, and he said after he saw it in a home many years ago, he wanted it for his dream home, and let me tell you, it looks BEAUTIFUL! ....unexpectedly gorgeous. And warm, and cozy, and just really neat.

For this trend, I would say "dont knock it till you try it" ...I would have never thought of it looking good until I walked into a room with it, and fell in love with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)