Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Cooking my first turkey...

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so I have put one in my rotisserie before but this is the first time I have ever stuffed a turkey before.. I'm 34 years old and have been married 11 years..  Is that crazy or what?!?!?!   It's smelling and looking YUMMY.. I'll let you ladies know how it comes out.. So far so good..

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashmac03
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Good luck!  I always roast my turkey but never stuff it because I'm always concerned about the bacteria.  I can't wait to hear how it turns out.  

rocamom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I've always eaten a stuffed turkey so I'm not concerned about it..  I just hope it comes out yummy.. I wouldn't want my first time to be a FAIL..  I have done mine in the rotisserie in the past and they come out SO good in there..

Quoting ashmac03:

Good luck!  I always roast my turkey but never stuff it because I'm always concerned about the bacteria.  I can't wait to hear how it turns out.  

ashmac03
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I've never tried rotisserie!  How exactly do you make it?  

Quoting rocamom:

I've always eaten a stuffed turkey so I'm not concerned about it..  I just hope it comes out yummy.. I wouldn't want my first time to be a FAIL..  I have done mine in the rotisserie in the past and they come out SO good in there..

Quoting ashmac03:

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Good luck. I've neverade a turkey either and older than you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I have one of those set it and forget it rotisseries.. The only issue is it needs to be a pretty small turkey and they are kind of hard to find..  I just add some seasonings (whatever you like) and then set it and forget it LOL.. 

Quoting ashmac03:

I've never tried rotisserie!  How exactly do you make it?  

Quoting rocamom:

Quoting ashmac03:

rocamom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Oh good Barbie that makes me happy..  My hubby told me that my stuffing was better than my fathers (he made the turkey for Christmas eve) YAY...  I am going to cut some more slices and then pull some for pot pie for later in the week YUMMY!!!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Congratulations! That must be a huge relief for you. Now you've made me hungry

Quoting rocamom:

Oh good Barbie that makes me happy..  My hubby told me that my stuffing was better than my fathers (he made the turkey for Christmas eve) YAY...  I am going to cut some more slices and then pull some for pot pie for later in the week YUMMY!!!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

YUP and it will get easier and easier as I go..  I know how to make my MIL's cornbread stuffing and my dad's sausage stuffing so I can always make a different stuffing if I want to..  It wasn't really that hard, I don't know what I was scared of LOL..

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Congratulations! That must be a huge relief for you. Now you've made me hungry

Quoting rocamom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Chickie you have never cooked a bird before! Really? It's not bad at all very easy and simple :)

turkey dinner

rocamom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Chicken yes, turkey no...  it came out great so I am happy..

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Chickie you have never cooked a bird before! Really? It's not bad at all very easy and simple :)

turkey dinner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)