Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Gifts, talents, interests?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 25 Replies
What are some special gifts, talents or interests that your children have and how do you nurture these things in them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocamom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Nick is gifted in academics and I nurture that by sending him to school and staying on top of his schooling.. I make sure he's being challenged but not so much that he hates school.  He's very good with computers and we nurture that by having him learn stuff from my husband.  He is not very athletic and that's ok with me but we do make him move and play sports once in a while..

Emily is talented with her dance and so we send her for dance lessons weekly..  She is also gifted academically and we treat her the same way as Nick. :) She can play other sports if she wants to and she enjoys Soccer :)

snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Jenna loves to draw and do arts & crafts and loves to bake! :)

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
My oldest really loves art. Drawing, coloring and painting are her favorite things to do. We have gotten her tons and tons of art supplies. She spends lots of time painting on canvas with my dad, who is an artist. He has taken her to see other artists that he knows in town. They showed her their studios. She loved it.

Youngest is interested in music. We buy her lots of musical toys and i sing with her a lot.
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Awesome!
My oldest has asked about sports recently. We will look i to t-ball for her this summer.

Quoting rocamom:

Nick is gifted in academics and I nurture that by sending him to school and staying on top of his schooling.. I make sure he's being challenged but not so much that he hates school.  He's very good with computers and we nurture that by having him learn stuff from my husband.  He is not very athletic and that's ok with me but we do make him move and play sports once in a while..

Emily is talented with her dance and so we send her for dance lessons weekly..  She is also gifted academically and we treat her the same way as Nick. :) She can play other sports if she wants to and she enjoys Soccer :)

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I'm slowly learning what gifts/talents my children have. Today we found out that both kids love ice skating. Their first time every on the ice and after 2 hours both were skating on their own! 

As far as interests: we just encourage it and support them throughout. 

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Your pictures of them.today are adorable.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I'm slowly learning what gifts/talents my children have. Today we found out that both kids love ice skating. Their first time every on the ice and after 2 hours both were skating on their own! 

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thanks - I have more to add tomorrow. I have to get them off Dh's phone lol I ran my battery dead taking pictures and video of them. I loved watching them today. I skated the first half and then the second half (after Drew went on his own) I walked around the outside taking pictures/videos and cheering them on!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Lol i love that part..just watching and capturing their fun.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Thanks - I have more to add tomorrow. I have to get them off Dh's phone lol I ran my battery dead taking pictures and video of them. I loved watching them today. I skated the first half and then the second half (after Drew went on his own) I walked around the outside taking pictures/videos and cheering them on!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Both were good in school & both played musical instruments,
Oldest is a geeky guy & helps us with our computer stuff.
Youngest has a gift with children :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I've enrolled my daughter in many activities(horses, soccer, basketball,dance, gymnastics, ballet,)  trying to find that one activity she will love and stick with. I had been focusing on physical activities but as it turned out it's something more mental. My kid loves languages. She started learning Italian at about a yr old. She now speaks french, Spanish and Chinese. She has a list of other languages she would like to learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN