Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Gifts, talents, interests?

What are some special gifts, talents or interests that your children have and how do you nurture these things in them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (21-25):
Mommyof2114
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM
My kids are very young right now so it's hard to know. My son has taken after me when it comes to horses.
Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Our 13 year old daughter is in all Honors classes in 8th grade, she tutors kids after school and also helps her sisters with their homework when they all get home. She also loves to draw, write and sing. She's the first chair for flute in her school band.

Our 12 year old daughter loves horses and has been taking riding lessons for a few years.

Our 11 year old daughter started out teaching herself gymnastics, and has been taking lessons for a couple years now.

Our 10 year old is very much into dance and has been taking lessons for a year.

Our 4 year old son, well...we are still trying to figure that out.

We will continue to support our kids in whatever way they need us to.
SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM
That's so great! My son learned to ice skate this winter too, and it's been a lot of fun. :-)

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I'm slowly learning what gifts/talents my children have. Today we found out that both kids love ice skating. Their first time every on the ice and after 2 hours both were skating on their own! 

As far as interests: we just encourage it and support them throughout. 

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Music and art.  I let them create, and I teach them what I know about music and let them explore on their own.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
My son is very musical, and has a really strong sense of rhythm. He's also inquisitive and good at problem solving.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)