Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Ice Skating Date Night - In A Jar (DIY!)

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

With Valentine's Day on the way, now is the time to start thinking of DIY gift ideas! Wouldn't it be fun to give and receive a {Date} In a Jar? The concept is basic, just think of a fun date idea and put little clues and useful things pertaining to that date into a jar. These jars can be gifts for men or women, husband or wife, boyfriend or girlfriend. They are similar to {Everything} In A Jar Handmade Gifts but instead of a themed gift in a jar, it is a themed date. This week I am sharing Ice Skating In A Jar.

For the outside decoration, I made a vintage felt ice skate. Fold a piece of white felt, cloth or even paper in half. Cut an ice skate shape using the fold at the bottom of the skate. Slide a paper onto the fold and glue the skate together. Sew laces with yarn leaving long tails for tying or draw laces with a permanent marker.

For this jar, I tried to stick with a color scheme of red, white and blue. I bought red gloves, powdered mocha mix, lip balm and chocolates. The jar is a vintage blue mason jar that was part of a box of mason jars that I gladly took off my sister-in-law's hands.

Start by laying one of the gloves in the jar. Add the mocha and then the lip balm. Fill the rest of the area with chocolates.  Tuck the glove fingers into the glove, turn it upside down, stick it on the top of the jar and add the mason jar band. Finally, wrap the yarn for the ice skate laces around the jar.

Once the date is over, fill the the jar with mementos from the date like photos, a restaurant menu, the receipt for the ice skate rental, a slip of paper with a few written memories, etc.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM
How cute!!
I wish we still had a place to ice skate!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

if we didn't already go ice skating - I'd totally make this! :) 

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
That's really cute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

That's so cute Brandy!

hugss
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM

So cute :)

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

super cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)