Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you start cleaning the house, where do you start?
When do you start? Early morning? Midday?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Living room is always the easiest.. Or kitchen.

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM

living room is my easiest too. 

Quoting rocamom:

MaiPnut
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

After making sure there are no left over dishes from the night before, I start a load of laundry as soon as I get up and then start making breakfast.  I then tackle the living area, kitchen then bathroom.  The bedrooms get dealt with after the children are sent off to school at 7:30.  I also have made a habit of building my shopping/grocery list as I notice things we need as I clean up.  Then of course we have our lovable beagle Lemi that needs her area cleaned up and her breakfast served!

MaiPnut
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I know the feeling!  I had to make a habit of doing a little everyday just to keep my home manageable! :)

Quoting deadlights86:

I usually start with my kitchen then move to the livingroom they are the two area's that need the most attention. I can't do my entire house at once I tried that and I was hurting for 2 days after.

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I start after I have had coffee and my fill of playtime. Usually midday. I start with the kitchen, then dining room, office, living room, kids room and bathrooms are last. I don't clean the whole house everyday though.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Kitchen is usually out of necesity LOL!!!  We have LITTLE counter space...

Quoting SassyWildflower:

living room is my easiest too. 

Quoting rocamom:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
HappySquirrel
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Kitchen first around 10, then living room and toy room around noon so lunch mess is all cleaned up first, then dining room and on to laundry loads.
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I used to start as soon as the school bus left, but now I just start whenever I feel like it. I never had a 'routine' though; I just did things depending on what needed to be done. I have always had a habit of picking up/cleaning up behind myself as I did things, etc ... when I cooked a meal, I cleaned the kitchen as I cooked/fixed the meal; whenever I did something with the kids in the living room I always put the stuff away as soon as we were done .. so on & so forth. I taught the kids to put away whatever toys they were playing with when they were done with them before pulling out a bunch more. Dusting & vacuuming were done on an almost daily (at least every other day) basis since we live in the country where dust accumulates quickly. And with 4 teenagers at one time (when we married), I was constantly running one here, another there ... so I didn't have time to be constantly cleaning; and then after 4 years there was an infant added to the mix ... definitely no time to be spending a lot of time cleaning! It's also called ... having the kids do household chores and have responsibilities.  Now however with all the kids grown, gone and on their own ... well, all but one gone & she is basically on her own, but she is a help to me pretty much - even though I do have to get on her about putting her stuff away more now than when he was younger - ... I can really pick and choose when I do things.  Basically my time is my own now.

Mommyof2114
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Every morning it's clean because I clean at night when the kids go to bed. I CAN'T STAND waking up to a mess. Lol...
snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I am always cleaning! lol... But I usually start with the kitchen and bathrooms and then I will move on too the living room area :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)