Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

School fundraisers

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
Have you participated in any fundraisers for your child's school this year?
What were they?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
We have participated in one so far--selling candy/snacks.
This coming month she and i will be participating in another together--the one mile walk for the school.
Im so excited!! I need to get our info filled out and turned in.
cafay
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Our school has only one major one and we did it in October called Run for Education. The kids walk around the school-or run-for an hour.Other than that they just do small things. Like pajama day where the kids watch movies and they can buy soft pretzels and/ or popcorn for a dollar.

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM

DS is in private so there are fundraisers at ever corner.  We have sold tickets at least 3 xs this year, and again now. We now have a Pizza fundraiser, this is the 2nd for that. Then around Christmas we had a pie fundraiser.  We recently had a bake sale and a white elephant sale. Last year we had a candy sale, oh and the infamous christmas wrapping paper sale.  Plus I know there was a big one at the beginning of the year, but I can't quite remember what that one was only because I remember my husband saying , "We can't sell tickets, because we just hit up all our friends for money a few weeks back for the previous fundraiser" Its all good. Whatever to help the school

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Mine arent in school yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I think more schools should do the mixedbagdesign fundraiser, id buy more, i find alot of the stuff in most are junk and waaay overpriced
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Quoting lillucky8:

I think more schools should do the mixedbagdesign fundraiser, id buy more, i find alot of the stuff in most are junk and waaay overpriced

what is that.
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Mixedbagdesigns.com they are all diff kinds of bags made from recycyles plastic bags, they are super durable, i love them! And 50% of sales go to the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup.. DS' school did a Joe Corbi's fundraiser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Those sound fun!

Quoting cafay:

Our school has only one major one and we did it in October called Run for Education. The kids walk around the school-or run-for an hour.Other than that they just do small things. Like pajama day where the kids watch movies and they can buy soft pretzels and/ or popcorn for a dollar.

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Lol @ your husband.

I think its awesome the school does so many.

Im with you..whatever to help the school!

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

DS is in private so there are fundraisers at ever corner.  We have sold tickets at least 3 xs this year, and again now. We now have a Pizza fundraiser, this is the 2nd for that. Then around Christmas we had a pie fundraiser.  We recently had a bake sale and a white elephant sale. Last year we had a candy sale, oh and the infamous christmas wrapping paper sale.  Plus I know there was a big one at the beginning of the year, but I can't quite remember what that one was only because I remember my husband saying , "We can't sell tickets, because we just hit up all our friends for money a few weeks back for the previous fundraiser" Its all good. Whatever to help the school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)