Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Are there certain shows-that are meant for kids- that you will NOT allow your children to watch?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-19):
sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Right now they pretty much just watch Sprout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Caillou and Dora. Because I hate them.

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I'm not sure yet, haha. I don't want my son to be glued to the television in general. 

Kaci
by Kaci on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
My gd loves Yo Gaba Gaba. She dances along with the music. They have plenty of teachable moments on there also. She has the characters from there that are stuffed animals. I have watched many an hr with her and as a gm I don't see anything wrong with it imo anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Life.Happens
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Kaci:

My gd loves Yo Gaba Gaba. She dances along with the music. They have plenty of teachable moments on there also. She has the characters from there that are stuffed animals. I have watched many an hr with her and as a gm I don't see anything wrong with it imo anyway.

No, I agree...There is nothing wrong with it...I just said that it was a show that got on my nerves...My kids watch it from time to time...But usually when I'm NOT in the room...lol

Life.Happens
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I agree..I'm the same with my kids, they are not glued to the tv either...I'm just asking about the things they're not allowed to watch when they do sit down to watch something :)

Quoting Vinterland:

I'm not sure yet, haha. I don't want my son to be glued to the television in general. 

Life.Happens
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

We LOVE the Sprout channel!!..It's my go to channel if I need the kids to calm down :)

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Right now they pretty much just watch Sprout.

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I will not let my kids watch Sponge Bob. I really like Sprout, PBS and Disney Jr. Also, the Hallmark channel has recently began to run reruns of the Brady Bunch on weeknights. My preschooler loves it and so do I!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Life.Happens
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SoJosMom:

I will not let my kids watch Sponge Bob. I really like Sprout, PBS and Disney Jr. Also, the Hallmark channel has recently began to run reruns of the Brady Bunch on weeknights. My preschooler loves it and so do I!

Those are channels that play in our home on a regular basis :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)