Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Update on Surgery #2

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

I did an update once before in one or two of my groups, but lost my internet connection, so couldn't make it in all of them. We've been having problems with Comcast with our internet & our land-line phone since Sunday. Dd has provided me with her laptop to use since the surgery, but since the internet has been in & out, I've not been able to get on much. I'm going to try to do a copy & paste on all my groups this morning ... and I'm behind on the birthday wishing also that I'm in charge of, so hopefully I'll get that done too. We shall see.

First the surgery update: All went pretty well. The hernia's on the left & right were done laproscopololgy - with the little camera - as planned; but the belly-button one had to be cut instead. So, that is causing me a whole lot of pain now, and has added to the recovery time. Oh well, it is what it is. At least I didn't have a job outside the home to go back to so no problems there. Dd took Tuesday off to take care of me, so that was a help. Dh had just bought a new recliner so I've claimed it and it sleeps very comfortably I must say and it is a whole lot easier to get out of than the bed; wonderful dh that he is, he has had no problem turning it over to me for the time being ... he sure will be happy when he can reclaim it though! I am sitting, at the moment, in my desk chair ... dd was running late this morning & forget to bring her laptop to me ... and this chair is not comfortable, so I won't be here once I get this typed and then cut & pasted on my other groups. I just cannot sit here. So .... I'm signing off, now!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hugss
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hugs to you my friend,
Glad all went well more or less.
Rest, sleep & take those meds.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for you :)

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I'm glad you're okay!  (hugs)  Feel better quick.  :)

johnny4ever
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Hugs!

Mommyof2114
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I hope you feel better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funkycat
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I sent my light and love for your healthy healing. I have gone through 2 hernia operations and a very messy gallblatter removal. My stomach looks like a map of the interstate freeway system. I used 2 of those reclining reading pillows for a bed to augment my bed closer to the function of a hospital bed.Head up and knees too.I also turned my dresser length wise and put on 2 good sized bar drawer pulls to help me in and out of the bed. I removed them and no one can tell it was ever there.up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)