Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Sorry I've been MIA, but ...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm still recovering from the hernia surgery & will be for quite awhile. Saw the doctor yesterday for my first follow-up and they took the staples out of the incision ... they must have had 30 of those things in there! The doctor said I've got a good 6 more weeks for a full recovery and at least 2 more months of the no lifting period. I had to get a strong pain med, the original one wasn't doing any good; hopefully this one will help. I can't sit in my computer chair but a short time before I really start hurting & have to get out. Dd will leave me her laptop if I ask her to, but I'm just not as comfortable using that as I am with my desktop. So, I'll still be MIA a good bit for a while. I'm missing CM and my groups though!!

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
johnny4ever
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Feel better soon.I had a Hysterectomy a few years ago with 19 Staples I remember how painful my recovery was.HUGS!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I hope you feel better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I'm doing a little better as each day passes. I decided to try and check in a bit today; not sure how long I'll be able to sit in this computer chair though. I've already been in it a bit, did some bill paying before coming here ... y'all know how that its! First things first. But since I was in this chair, I wasn't leaving it until I couldn't stand it any longer and I still have a good 15 - 20 minutes left I think. I can make a quick check of a few groups I think. I do miss CM though ... a lot!!!

meam4444
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Hope you are feeling better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN