Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Anyone know about living conditions in Utah or other warm state

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

I must move from Maine to warmer climate...I am disabled w/ Psoriatic Ra, Fibro, spinal and ankle degeneration,becoming deaf.  I have a sec 8 subsidized housing voucher, $700 a month total income, require good state subsidized med care, very low pay medicines ( my state won't even pay for gauze pads when I need to cover bleeding areas, I use cheap paper towels) I have an assist dog (14 lbs) Any reccomendations of places to move would be much appreciated.   I have no relatives, few aquaintances and my only friend is moving far away. Please help any input welcome

mjosephine
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
merryvoice
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Well I'm from California, live in NH now and we're moving back to Cali. I don't know about benefits, but it's great weather there and very beautiful. It's a state I would recommend. I've known people in the past who have gotten really good government funding. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I live in Utah. I'm not sure if you would be happy here long term. It snows and is pretty darn cold. In the month of June it was cold in the morning and evening hours. I don't know anything about the gov. funding. Have you looked into CA or FL? Good luck. 

kyledavidsmom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree I'm also in Utah

Quoting Mommyof2114:

I live in Utah. I'm not sure if you would be happy here long term. It snows and is pretty darn cold. In the month of June it was cold in the morning and evening hours. I don't know anything about the gov. funding. Have you looked into CA or FL? Good luck. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I'm in CA, there is pretty decent government help, and some areas are cheaper then others. LA and Bay Area are pricey.

I would also think maybe AZ. It's pretty warm year round. The nights get chilly in the winter months, but idk about their programs.

toomanypoodles
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:22 AM

My brother is in Utah---they get extremes both ways.  Yes, very hot summers, but very cold and snowy winters.  TONS of snow. 

Maybe further south if you're looking for heat---New Mexico or Arizona.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN