Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard soap scum... Help

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
What is the best cleaner to get it off?
I've had a a month of scapula pain and was having treatments and couldn't move my arm, now today I see I'm going to have a heart attack getting the bath tub clean!
I think dh is brushing his teeth in there again! It looks like toothpaste on the walls!!! I've scrubbed the floor (of shower) with comet liquid cleaner and then used comet grit stuff it took an hour, but that stuff won't stick to the walls
Please help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Magic erasers..the best invention....ever.
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I've already used up the two I have, they don't last very long, they are crumbling

Quoting QuiltLover:

Magic erasers..the best invention....ever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
You must have alot of build up...they work wonderful for me. I have not tried the dryer sheets but someone in another group posted they are good. If all else fails, I would use white vinegar mixed with baking soda, after it stops fizzing, I would keep applying and scrubbing. After it is all clean, use the magic erasers daily. they are crumbling from so much scum, I would think. .
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Yeah, it's a months worth! And my DS showers on there too.
I've been using the master bath so I haven't seen this

Quoting QuiltLover:

You must have alot of build up...they work wonderful for me. I have not tried the dryer sheets but someone in another group posted they are good. If all else fails, I would use white vinegar mixed with baking soda, after it stops fizzing, I would keep applying and scrubbing. After it is all clean, use the magic erasers daily. they are crumbling from so much scum, I would think. .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Do you wet a dryer sheet?

Quoting QuiltLover:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Yes...
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Like i said, I have never used that,but if I was where you are, I would give it a try.If you have to buy something else, get a bottle of CLR it is calcium, lime remover, they make it for kitchens and bath formula...
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Will try! Thanks

Quoting QuiltLover:

Like i said, I have never used that,but if I was where you are, I would give it a try.If you have to buy something else, get a bottle of CLR it is calcium, lime remover, they make it for kitchens and bath formula...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I use dryer sheets to get soap scum off of my shower doors.  They work wonders for soap scum and make the bath smell clean and fresh.  Wet them, and scrub away.  When you're done, follow up with some Windex or other household cleaner to help with the residue and rinse clean.  :)   

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM
We had the hardest water ever when we lived in Arizona. The only eat to clean our toilets and sinks was with a pumice stone. Seriously. And they sell them in the cleaning aisle for that purpose.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)