Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a formal dining room? How often do you actually eat in it?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do you have a formal dining room? 

How often do you actually eat in it?

^^now, I think that is a gorgeous dining room ( link to picture)!   :)

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crissy2424
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

We have a space that is half the living room then the other side is the dining room. We eat there every day. 

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM
We do have a dining room, its far from formal and we use it most days, we dont have a table and chairs in the kitchen, theres no room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Yes. We only use it for thanksgiving . Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

we dont

theresaphilly
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We have a wonderful formal dining room, but we only use if for large family gatherings, like Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter, plus three more times during the year. We usually eat in the kitchen.

CoolMommyofboys
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Before we had kids we did...we ate their once that I can remember  lol  one Christmas

after the second was born, we truned it into his room...once he was old enough, we moved him into the room with his older brother and turned that room into the playroom

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We have a dining room, but I wouldn't call it a formal one.  It is separated from the kitchen by a bar.  We used to eat there every night when the kids were growing up but now we only eat there for holidays and when we have company.  We tend to eat in the living room now.

The bar is to right of the dining room table is the last picture; I was standing in the entrance to the living room when I took that picture

brownhoney21
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM

No I don't have one.

meam4444
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Beautiful.  I love your china cabinet.

Quoting dingysfamily:

We have a dining room, but I wouldn't call it a formal one.  It is separated from the kitchen by a bar.  We used to eat there every night when the kids were growing up but now we only eat there for holidays and when we have company.  We tend to eat in the living room now.

The bar is to right of the dining room table is the last picture; I was standing in the entrance to the living room when I took that picture

meam4444
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

We have one, but I tend to use it just for my laptop and cafemom time.  :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)