Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Dishwasher or hand-washing?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 30 Replies

How do dishes get done at your house?

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM

i wash them by hand

ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Handwash. When we redid our kitchen I got rid of the dishwasher and added more storage space. 

liveforever
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I do both. Ill load the dishwasher but pots and pans get done by hand.

jazzgirl205
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

My dishwasher does not do a good job and is only used as an undercounter dish drainer.  Besides, a lot of what I use everyday is best washed by hand.  Knives are supposed to be handwashed.  Sometimes I use sterling, but mostly I use antique silverplate everyday.  I have some antique dishes that are hand washed.  I wouldn't use the dishwasher on my pot and pans either - some of my Revereware dates from 1941.  Those things last and stay shiny forever.  Although I didn't buy most of this stuff, I'm happy to use it.  Family members give them to us saying, "Need flatware? Here's Grandma's."  or "Does anybody want this old turkey platter?"  Most of dh's family likes things brand new.  IMO the old stuff is more durable and much prettier.

WantedNameTaken
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Both.  I handwash everything and run it through the dishwasher.  LOL!  It used to drive DH crazy, but he just shrugs now.

mom4awesomekids
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM
By hand. Our dishwasher is broke.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM

with it being just me and hubby I just handwash

lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM
If it fits in the dishwasher it goes in it. The small tupperwares and bottles i do by hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM
This is us. Pots and pans take up too much space and don't always come clean in the dishwasher, at least for me.

Quoting liveforever:

I do both. Ill load the dishwasher but pots and pans get done by hand.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I wish I had more family stuff like this. I would treasure it!

Do you know why knives aren't supposed to go in the dishwasher? I've heard that too, but I don't know the rationale behind it.

Quoting jazzgirl205:

My dishwasher does not do a good job and is only used as an undercounter dish drainer.  Besides, a lot of what I use everyday is best washed by hand.  Knives are supposed to be handwashed.  Sometimes I use sterling, but mostly I use antique silverplate everyday.  I have some antique dishes that are hand washed.  I wouldn't use the dishwasher on my pot and pans either - some of my Revereware dates from 1941.  Those things last and stay shiny forever.  Although I didn't buy most of this stuff, I'm happy to use it.  Family members give them to us saying, "Need flatware? Here's Grandma's."  or "Does anybody want this old turkey platter?"  Most of dh's family likes things brand new.  IMO the old stuff is more durable and much prettier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN