Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

My daughter's birthday room makeover!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

It has finally came, I had been planning on doing her room since before Christmas!  I was going to do it Friday while she was at school, then my mom would watch the older two kids and they would spend the night then Saturday I would surprise her with it.  Well she was sick a few days this past week I took her to the Dr. Friday, she had Strep.  My mom ended up watching her all day Friday for me, and I was going back in forth checking on her while I was painting and doing stuff.  And since she was sick, she wouldn't be spending the night with my parents I had to get everything done Friday.  (Luckily, she is completely better now and loves her room and was even thrilled Friday despite being sick!!)

Everything is new except the dresser and bookcase, I painted both of them white.  The desk is used (new to her) I painted it white and the chair pink.  
The knobs on the desk are Paris themed.

Plan on replacing the light switch, I hate the tan, makes it look dingy.

This picture was taken a few hours after the "reveal" she hung up her jacket and book bag.  I had hooks from her previous decor that she hung her stuff up on but need to find something to go with this room. 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM

it looks fabulous!!! I bet she just loves it!!

I love the Paris theme! (I have this little obsession w/ the Eiffel Tower. lol)

Great job!!

klamomma2
by Kaila on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too, My living room use to be done in Paris/ Eiffel Tower!!  And I have a huge obsession with Hobby Lobby which helped with all the decor! lol I went there Saturday to grab one more thing and ended up buying my boys are a couple things for their room! lol My husband thinks I should be banned from Hobby Lobby! lol

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Great job!!

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

LOL I love that place. 

they had this awesome wall art that i wanted SO bad but I put off getting it and now I can't find it =/ I shoulda grabbed it when i saw it. LOL

Quoting klamomma2:

Me too, My living room use to be done in Paris/ Eiffel Tower!!  And I have a huge obsession with Hobby Lobby which helped with all the decor! lol I went there Saturday to grab one more thing and ended up buying my boys are a couple things for their room! lol My husband thinks I should be banned from Hobby Lobby! lol

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Great job!!

klamomma2
by Kaila on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I hate when that happens.  What was it?  Have you checked online at Hobby Lobby?

Quoting SassyWildflower:

LOL I love that place. 

they had this awesome wall art that i wanted SO bad but I put off getting it and now I can't find it =/ I shoulda grabbed it when i saw it. LOL

Quoting klamomma2:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Great job!!

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I have checked and no luck =(

It was a wooden wall hanging. It was like a tealish blue color and it had an ironing board and an iron sittin on it. 

It had a scripture on it saying something like, everything you do do as unto the lord--it was something like that and i just loved it.

Quoting klamomma2:

I hate when that happens.  What was it?  Have you checked online at Hobby Lobby?

Quoting SassyWildflower:

LOL I love that place. 

Quoting klamomma2:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Great job!!

brownhoney21
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Very nice.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

This is really adorable!  Good job momma!  :)

meam4444
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM

love it!

gmadiane
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM

cute

WesleysMom23
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM
It looks really good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN