Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Gardening

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you garden?

Are you planting this year? Flowers? Fruits? Veggies?

Have you started yet?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I have a vegetable garden every year, but it's not quite planting season yet... We had a snow day yesterday!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I dislike gardening but im super proud of my veggie garden last year, i plan to have another this year. I dont do seeds, i just go to my sisters work when they get their baby plants in. Its just easier for me, my cat would eat the seedlings or dig the cups out, shes trouble
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

We do corn, potatoes, green beans, squash, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and peppers. We also have a pear tree and an apple tree that I can off of. I've tried to grow strawberries but they don't ever do very well for me so I get those from one of the farms locally where you pick your own. We haven't started yet, its still to cold right now.

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

i did seeds last year--half the plants didn't make it b/c they got blown over while they sat out in the sun. I'll definitely be doing the baby plants this year. lOl

Quoting lillucky8:

I dislike gardening but im super proud of my veggie garden last year, i plan to have another this year. I dont do seeds, i just go to my sisters work when they get their baby plants in. Its just easier for me, my cat would eat the seedlings or dig the cups out, shes trouble

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Yum!!

i wish i had fruit trees but I don't..So we go to the local orchard.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

We do corn, potatoes, green beans, squash, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and peppers. We also have a pear tree and an apple tree that I can off of. I've tried to grow strawberries but they don't ever do very well for me so I get those from one of the farms locally where you pick your own. We haven't started yet, its still to cold right now.

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM

this will be my second year with my garden. I'm going to plant tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers, cucumbers, & IDK what else yet.

I also want some flowers but I'm not sure what i want yet.

Crissy2424
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

We don't have good soil right now to garden anything.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Our apple tree generally does really well and we get a ton of apples off of it. Its more of a crap shoot with the pear tree. Some years we get a lot and some, like last year, we hardly get any. My grandparents have peach trees, grapes, and blackberrys. I seriously think my grandma can make anything grow!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Yum!!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

harmony7
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont like to garden but I bought heirloom seeds last year and hope hope they do well again this year...zuchinni, yellow squash, black beans, purple hull peas, red beans, green beans, corn, lettuce, watermelon, cantalope, yellow, bell and hot peppers and various spices

We will turn the garden next month and plant in early May.

We also have blueberrie bushes, grapes and plums and pecan trees.

I dont like flower beds and my goal is to mow the grass until it dies each summer or turn the horses out on it...but food is a necessary evil :)

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Gosh I love pears! lOl

we get our apples from the orchard. They're always so good!

LOL i know people like that. 

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Our apple tree generally does really well and we get a ton of apples off of it. Its more of a crap shoot with the pear tree. Some years we get a lot and some, like last year, we hardly get any. My grandparents have peach trees, grapes, and blackberrys. I seriously think my grandma can make anything grow!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Yum!!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)