Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Are You One Of These?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 25 Replies

That person that has to be on your phone or tablet no matter where you are? We were sitting at Bob Evans Restaurant Monday, an enexpected night out, and we were both amazed that there were so many people on their devices. I looked at that man sitting across from me,and thought ...why in the world would I want to ignore him and not give him my undivided attention??????..I think we have stepped back a bit instead of moving forward.........

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope. And last time we went out with friends we played a really fun game. Everyone laid their phones face down on the table and the first person to check theirs had to pay the bill. You could see some people were struggling,lol.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Oh how funny is that? Love the idea....lol

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Nope. And last time we went out with friends we played a really fun game. Everyone laid their phones face down on the table and the first person to check theirs had to pay the bill. You could see some people were struggling,lol.

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Nope. The only reason I'd have my phone out like that would be to take photos b/c I am a huge picture-taker!

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I have been guilty of that in the past, and my husband was great about calling me on it and encouraging me to stay in the moment. Now I am very conscious of not wanting my devices and my "online world" to interfere with what's happening right in front of me.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

The ONLY time I pull my phone out while at the dinner table (out or at home) is if we are looking to do something  after dinner and we need movie times or something like that.  We enjoy our family time together :)

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a phone/tablet LOL.  Life does exist on this side of a screen!!  :x

Life.Happens
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Only in the car on long car rides..there is a no phone rule when we are out and about together.
snuggiewoogie
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Heavens no! lol...

meam4444
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

We try to put down our phones and such while eating a meal together.  It is a huge distraction.

Crissy2424
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I agree we have gone back instead of forward when phones started advancing. They should only be for dialing 9-1-1, calling someone and texting...that's it lol We are not big phone people unless we are just relaxing or on break at work lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)