Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Moms Weekend- No kids.

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 33 Replies

Last year a few of my friends and I decided to go to my moms house for a NO KIDS/NO HUBBY weekend.  It was so much fun that we are doing it again.  My Dad is away for business so it's just my mom, myself, and a friend of mine.  My SIL lives one street over so she will probably stop by as will a few of my friends.  We leave Friday and come home Monday alittle after dinner (but before bedtime).

it's nice just to get away and talk to adults (usually about our kids lol) and to poke in some stores and buy whatever I'd like to buy rather than hearing, mommy I want this or mommy can I buy this  or Mom are you done yet I want to leave. HAHAHA

Does anyone else plan a kid free hubby free weekend?  Where do you go? what do you do??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I don't. While dh and I may do something together without the kids, I don't go on trips without him. He works really long hours so I enjoy his off days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I didn't go last year but the year before my friend and I went to the Hike Inn. You have to hike 5 miles to the Inn. It is very secluded. We met some great people, enjoyed the peace and quiet, and just relaxed. I want to go back again sometime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM

A whole weekend? Wow, wouldn't that be nice! My mom would probably just drive me crazy. We do, however try to get a night with no DD once in a while. Like a week ago we didn't have DD for 2 nights cuz my mom kept her at her house. It was nice. 

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM
No such luck here lol but god knows i could use one lolol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Life.Happens
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
No.I wouldn't like not seeing them, I would worry about all of them..lol..I probably wouldn't enjoy myself..I do go over to my mom and dad's house sometimes for time away but that is only for an afternoon.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

That's awesome!!  Sounds like fun.  :)

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM

What a fabulous idea, where is this Hike Inn....so would do this....

Quoting JeremysMom:

I didn't go last year but the year before my friend and I went to the Hike Inn. You have to hike 5 miles to the Inn. It is very secluded. We met some great people, enjoyed the peace and quiet, and just relaxed. I want to go back again sometime.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Have fun!

I did go on a three-day backpacking trip with friends last year, and I'd like to do that again. I would take DH, but then who would stay with our son? And I would take our son, but he's not big enough to go on long backpacking trips yet.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

This sounds fantastic! My girls getaway weekend was a longer backpacking trip, but this sounds perfectly relaxing.

Quoting JeremysMom:

lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
My kiddos are little so no one is brave enough to watch them for a wknd. Maybe when they are older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)