Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Their favorite?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 10 Replies

What is your child's (children's) favorite animal?

Do you try to help them learn more about that animal since they are so interested in it/them?

Follow Me on Pinterest  
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Lizards and Snakes, typical boy. We bought him a bearded dragon. So he is learning how to care for her, what she eats.  She has bonded with him. He does his homework at her tank so she watches on, and he takes her out and spends time with her, they watch tv together. Also he used to be afraid of bugs, since we got her that fear has ceased as she eats worms and crickets. We are proud of him. 

Life.Happens
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

My son loves horses, and Gorilla's..

My daughter loves horses, and flamingo's...

Yes, I teach them about the animals.

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

That's awesome!! Hands-on learning--love it!

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

Lizards and Snakes, typical boy. We bought him a bearded dragon. So he is learning how to care for her, what she eats.  She has bonded with him. He does his homework at her tank so she watches on, and he takes her out and spends time with her, they watch tv together. Also he used to be afraid of bugs, since we got her that fear has ceased as she eats worms and crickets. We are proud of him. 

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM

My oldest is really into sea life lately, especially the sting ray. We have read about them and looked at photos of them. She's amazed by them.

My youngest is a horse girl for sure. We buy her toy horses and that's usually all she plays with most days. She got to ride MIL's horse and touch them, etc. 

snuggiewoogie
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

She likes dogs!

puppy

psych_mom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

T loves turtles. C loves dogs and d loves cats. T has tons of books and has done tons of research on all types of turtles. C has read several books and done research on dogs. D just hangs out with the two cats we have.

klamomma2
by Kaila on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter likes all animals, no real favorites. My oldest son loves gorillas, we have read a few books.
MamaAjax
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

My son loves cats. We own four rescue cats and it's his job to feed them twice a day. He likes playing with them (when they let him) and he'll follow them around our yard all day. We have a lot of books too on bigger cats, like tigers, lions, panthers, lepoards, and such. If it's in the feline family my son can tell you all about them.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now it's dinosaurs... And we checked out several dinosaur books from the library last week! He's been studying them at preschool and at home. :) Kinda fun.

Plus of course we watch Dinosaur Train to further our education!

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM

my kids are grown but my 4 year old grandson loves horses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)