Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clusterflies!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
So this is a long shot! BUT... We just moved into our house in February. Now that the snow is melting and its getting warmer I've found out we have cluster flies, and I'm wondering if I should be worried. Other than 1 dead one in the unfinished basement, I haven't noticed a problem inside, but more and more are appearing out side.

I've read that they just like to hangout in homes/attics in the winter and emerge in the warmer months. Should I be going at them with fly swaters or will they just leave my (outer) window cill on there own?
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I am sorry to say that I did not even know what a cluster fly was so I am no help

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I have NO clue either.. Maybe you can google how to get rid of them. I'm going to google them to see what on earth they are.

Quoting gmadiane:

I am sorry to say that I did not even know what a cluster fly was so I am no help

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM
My MIL has huge issues with them inside her house all the time... And she keeps the place immaculate! They are just stubborn, I guess. And no, it doesn't seem like they go away. She vacuums them up, but I imagine a fly swatter would do as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)