Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do you remember?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 40 Replies

I was just writing in the "random" post and it got me thinking...

Do you you remember the FIRST vacation you ever went on?

Where did you go? Who did you go with?

How old were you?

Follow Me on Pinterest  
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM

the very first vacation i ever went on was when I was 12. 

My (step)dad took us to Texas to meet his family for the first time--then we all went to New Mexico! It was SO awesome and I fell in love with Texas--I was obsessed! LOL

We went with my mom, dad, sister and brother. Met up with dad's sister and my (step)brother in Texas. 

I had a lot of firsts on that vacation and I remember just about everything about it.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I remember the first vacation, because we traveled a lot when I was growing up... Usually to visit family, and usually involving lots of tent camping and long road trips! I have very fuzzy memories of visiting my aunt in California when I was 4, because she took us to Disney World. That's the first "vacation" I remember, anyway.

Life.Happens
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We went on ALOT of trips when I was a kid, but the first LONG distance trip we took was to Iowa(which is where we were actually supposed to move but didn't)..It was a blast, I went with my family of course-I was about 7 or so...We went to the Amana Colonies, and a few other places.

offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't remember it, per se, but I know we went to FL almost every year, to visit my grandmother.  I know I was very young when we started going.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

My Grandparents took me to Disney World when I was 5.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 5. We went to disneyland and I peed on my uncle's couch bed in his rv lol 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 4 and went with my parents to Coral Castle in Coral Gables, FL. It's a very vivid memory, too, because I remember how awesome it was that a little girl like me could open a gigantic door with ease.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

It was when I was a little girl and we went to Tennessee from GA to visit family.

mewebb82
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I think my first vacation was to New York to visit my great grandparents when I was about 8 weeks old. I couldn't possibly remember that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

We did a ton of tent camping growing up--Real camping I call it. LOL

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I don't think I remember the first vacation, because we traveled a lot when I was growing up... Usually to visit family, and usually involving lots of tent camping and long road trips! I have very fuzzy memories of visiting my aunt in California when I was 4, because she took us to Disney World. That's the first "vacation" I remember, anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)