Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Family Dinner goes Nation wide..

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 15 Replies

I take pride that my family sits down just about EVERY night to a hot meal together.  Well today on facebook I came across a post from a website I am starting to love and I thought that maybe some of you ladies would be interested in this group.

You can sign up and on April 10th you are supposed to have a meal that you sit down with your family to enjoy.  I do this everynight but I did register..  I just thought I would share.

DO you already sit down with your family nightly or a few times a week?

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/04/worldwide-family-dinner-challenge-on.html

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

We do every night. It's still easy since our son is only 6,but we always did in my family while I was growing up,and it was always the one thing that I knew I would continue when I had children of my own. Most of the time,it's one of the best times of the day for me.

MrsNewman
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM
We sit down together, my kids are still young though so it's easy. I'm sure as try get older it will be harder to get everyone home at one time to eat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
muda1954
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM

It's just me and hubby and yes we do sit down and have our dinners together,,,when the kids were home we always sat down together for every meal...and I was raised that way as well!

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group. :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM

You're very lucky you can,
Enjoy it :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

We try to have a meal together every night.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

i wish we could =/

The girls and i eat together most nights--Sometimes I feed them and they are done before i get a chance to sit down. lOl..

When DH isn't working thoguh, we get to have dinner all of us together. So 2 nights a week, we get to have a sit-down dinner with all of us.

klamomma2
by Kaila on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Yes we have dinner together every night as a family at the dinner table.  My kids are young but the older two have after school activities I plan dinner time around their schedule we might eat dinner at 4 and have a snack after practice, or have a snack before practice and not eat til 6:30, when soccer and activities aren't going on we eat dinner at 5-5:30.  When my husband worked nights the kids and I would eat dinner together.  I think everyone gathering around the table, talking about their day what is going on whats coming up is very important.  
My husband's family did not sit at the table they sat in the living room watching tv, his sister still does it with her family and 2 kids, it is crazy to me.

gmadiane
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM

nice idea

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

We always eat together. The only time we don't eat together is when dh and I have date night. Then DS eats with his grandparents.

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM

We sit down every night for dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN