Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Favorite day trips?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 27 Replies

Is there some place that you and your family enjoy going for day trips?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Life.Happens
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, there's Cave City, the zoo(the best one is about two hours away), we like traveling to Nashville from time to time too...

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

definitely Cave City! it's like 30-45 mins away. it;s our go-to place in the spring summer and fall. lOl.. We walk the woods, check out the little shops and just have a good day. DH and i went last year, just the two of us, for a day of horseback riding and some of the other activites. i think we will make it a new thing for us =)

we also like to go to Franklin--there's not much there but their city park is big and we really like it...I always meet up with a friend that lives down there when we go too. 

Nashville--it's not too far away but it is crazy busy so we don't go TOO often. but it's still one of my faves.

And lastly, louisville. my sister and nephews live there as well as my grandparents. we visit when we can---which hasn't been as often as i like b/c of car issues =/ hopefully we will be able to make it up soon. We always go to the zoo or the science museum. We're talking about going up in a couple weeks, hopefully!

Life.Happens
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM

The Louisville zoo is the BEST, we went a couple of months ago, it made Nashville zoo look pathetic...LOL 

Quoting SassyWildflower:

definitely Cave City! it's like 30-45 mins away. it;s our go-to place in the spring summer and fall. lOl.. We walk the woods, check out the little shops and just have a good day. DH and i went last year, just the two of us, for a day of horseback riding and some of the other activites. i think we will make it a new thing for us =)

we also like to go to Franklin--there's not much there but their city park is big and we really like it...I always meet up with a friend that lives down there when we go too. 

Nashville--it's not too far away but it is crazy busy so we don't go TOO often. but it's still one of my faves.

And lastly, louisville. my sister and nephews live there as well as my grandparents. we visit when we can---which hasn't been as often as i like b/c of car issues =/ hopefully we will be able to make it up soon. We always go to the zoo or the science museum. We're talking about going up in a couple weeks, hopefully!

psych_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Doesn't Franklin have a lot of old homes that have been restored? I know they have some antique shops.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

it is! there is SO much more there. April and May are the best times to go b/c it's so much warmer. The animals are way more active. i'm hoping we get to go this month! 

Quoting Life.Happens:

The Louisville zoo is the BEST, we went a couple of months ago, it made Nashville zoo look pathetic...LOL 

Quoting SassyWildflower:

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Yep! You need to come up!!

My uncle used to live there so i've been there a lot. Their old farm house was BEAUTIFUL...i hated when they moved =/

My dad was also a jailer there for a few years. i loved just going down and walking around downtown. 

I know you'd love it!

Quoting psych_mom:

Life.Happens
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

When we went it was a rather warm day, pretty much all the animals were out, we're planning another trip there, that is if we're still living here by Summer...lol...Nashville zoo was disappointing and that's putting it kindly...lol...

Quoting SassyWildflower:

it is! there is SO much more there. April and May are the best times to go b/c it's so much warmer. The animals are way more active. i'm hoping we get to go this month! 

Quoting Life.Happens:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

psych_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I seriously want to go up for a weekend, but weekends are hard bc of dh's schedule. I just love walking around towns like that and enjoying the beautiful scenery and just browsing through antique stores without buying anything.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

My uncle used to live there so i've been there a lot. Their old farm house was BEAUTIFUL...i hated when they moved =/

My dad was also a jailer there for a few years. i loved just going down and walking around downtown. 

I know you'd love it!

Quoting psych_mom:

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

i like doing that too..but it's hard going certain places these days. I'm hopeful it will get better soon though.

Quoting psych_mom:

I seriously want to go up for a weekend, but weekends are hard bc of dh's schedule. I just love walking around towns like that and enjoying the beautiful scenery and just browsing through antique stores without buying anything.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I know you'd love it!

Quoting psych_mom:

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

awesome. Yea i haven't been to nashville zoo in years. i much prefer louisville zoo.

we wanted to go to the zoo near where we stayed while we were on vacation but it was raining =/ i'd love to go to tons of zoo's across the country just to check them all out. lOl

Quoting Life.Happens:

When we went it was a rather warm day, pretty much all the animals were out, we're planning another trip there, that is if we're still living here by Summer...lol...Nashville zoo was disappointing and that's putting it kindly...lol...

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting Life.Happens:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN