Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Spring Cleaning. HELP......

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

I can't seem to get into gear with the spring cleaning. I clean everyday but having three kids (one being a toddler), two dogs, and a husband who isn't home much and just makes a mess when he is home. I just can't get motivated.... Looking for some mom advice. It suck when it's last minute when company decides to come and I have to clean up really fast. :(

Update 6/26/13: I let how many months go by and I have finally got my house 75% clean. So proud of myself. We have a birthday party this coming up Saturday and let me tell you. I have cleaned his house up and down till I hurt. Working on day three tomorrow. Oh how it makes you feel so much better to see your house clean. I'm just wondering how long it will stay clean. Maybe I should through a party every weekend. LOL

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

This might motivate you. I did a similar one last year, and it motivated me.

Join our 10 day Spring Cleaning challenge:
Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

Shake off that duster, break out the "Keep" and "Toss" bins, and restore order to your home! Join our challenge and you'll receive 10 days of helpful tips to get your home clean and organized!

We'll be giving away a $25 gift card and other prizes, too, so be sure to check in every day!

washing dishesCafe Steph

hugss
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you,
Make a list of things you want to do, start a room at a time, a day at a time, little bits at a time
Do what you want done first/that needs it the most
Am sure others will have more  ideas as well
Hang in there & it will get done ;)

huneebadger
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear you! I keep saying I am going to clean out our junk room, not a junk drawer but a junk room!! Everything gets thrown in there when we have visitors and it keeps getting worse. I just put more shit in there last night, the rest of the house looks good, but I have to make sure I close that bedroom door! I am going to really try to do it this weekend. I also want to do a good vacuum and dusting but need dh to help move all of the furniture.

Good luck with getting yourself motivated!

cafay
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I write a list room by room,turn on the radio, and usually once I start it goes easier. If not, I have another cup of coffee! If that still doesn't work-and it hasn't for me all this week, I just give up and try another day. Lucky for me I am feeling it today!

Femommy
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Thank you ladies.... My junk room tents to be my bedroom. It sucks because when laying in bed I think about how nice it would be for it to be clean. Outdoors of my home doesn't look any better. Projects aren't finished, flower bed needs some serious help, husbands drunk he brings home to scrap (heating and air guy), oh the list could go on. I find it easy to clean when I have help. But getting that from my six and nine year old it's tuff. Mine as well save me the stress and just do it myself. :/
wendyjoe
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

if you find out let me know sorry i can't help... the only thing i can think of that i do to slow down the kid messing process is we have a closed door rule. if the dorr is closed kids do not touch it. i have a 5 yr 4 yr 2 yr and 4 mo and my hubby sounds like yours. makes a mess and doesn't want to clean it up. aren't hubby's fun lol good luck on your cleaning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)