Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bath Time

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm just curious. Besides the obvious; they fall down in dirt or have been to the park...what times do you usually give your child a bath? How often?

busy mom

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Life.Happens
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM
EVERYDAY, no matter what..Usually before bed.
Crissy2424
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I do every other day, especially if she isn't playing outside at all. If she gets messy I obviously don't mind making it a daily thing.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Usually every other day unless they are playing a sport that day. My middle ds suffers from eczema and giving him a bath every day can actually make it worse.

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My daughter had a little as a baby, so we just were told to do every other day and we haven't changed that.

Quoting psych_mom:

Usually every other day unless they are playing a sport that day. My middle ds suffers from eczema and giving him a bath every day can actually make it worse.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

every other day unless needed otherwise. We do bathtime before bed.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

If you research it anyways, there is no need for them to have a bath more often than this unless they play a sport or they are getting excessively sweaty. It can actually cause dry skin and a dry scalp.

Quoting Crissy2424:

My daughter had a little as a baby, so we just were told to do every other day and we haven't changed that.

Quoting psych_mom:

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Good to know, thanks!

Quoting psych_mom:

If you research it anyways, there is no need for them to have a bath more often than this unless they play a sport or they are getting excessively sweaty. It can actually cause dry skin and a dry scalp.

Quoting Crissy2424:

Quoting psych_mom:

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Everyday..I don't know what they do at school but mine comes homes sweaty and smelling like dirt..LOL!!

klamomma2
by Kaila on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Every other day unless they played outside or had practice then it is more frequent. During the summer it is every night though.
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

Everyday..I don't know what they do at school but mine comes homes sweaty and smelling like dirt..LOL!!

Same with mine. He always has streaks of dirt down his face and on his shins. Last week he and his friends were practising skidding into base like a baseball player. He was filthy and his socks were solid brown.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)