Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

When your kid(s) get out of school for Summer break, do you tend to keep the same bedtime schedule or does it change?

Can they stay up a little later or keep the same bedtime as through the school year?

by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I keep it the same all year.. 

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I got mine at Walmart for about $10 a panel.  There are 4 windows in my living/dining room so I spent about $80 total.  There are 4 windows in Madison's room so that's another $80 that I need to spend.  But they have helped GREATLY in the living/dining room.  But honestly those are the only two rooms in the house that need the blackout curtains.  Our room stays pretty comfortable and so does the spare bedroom which also happens to be the smallest bedroom.

The blackout curtains in the kid colors I think are a dollar or two more per panel.

Just word of advice..  if you buy some and you ever need to wash them..  do each panel individually on a gentle (and cold) cycle, then hang to dry.  The backing is fragil and can stick together and eventually rip apart from the curtain.  I found this out the hard way and now need to spend ANOTHER $80 to replace the curtans in the living room.

OH!!  And the panels STINK for awhile.  It's takes a bit for the smell to kinda.. leave.  LOL

Well now..  aren't I full of useless information today haha!  :)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I need curtains in this house, period! LOL..We have blinds but the cats kp tearing them up =/...Maybe that will be my next investment FOR the house!

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Black out curtains!!  I'm going to invest in some in the next week or so for Madison's room.  It won't get completely dark, but close enough.  We have some in our living/dining room right now.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i'm having that issue right now. G says it's not bed time b/c the sun is still awake. lOl

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

She stays up about an hour later.  It doesn't help the the sun sets at a later time so we kind of have to go with the flow LOL.

snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

It's about the same time between 10:00 and 11:00.....

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

they sleep whenever they get tired..... as long as our days are as active as last years (and I'm actually hoping this year will be MORE active) then they're normally passed out by 9pm (an hour later than school nights). However, there's always going to be a time or four that they're up late. 

hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Not alot later, because I,myself , have a bedtime schedule. Therefore "all children that ask to be fed must be in bed, lights out before I lay down"
I say that as it includes weeknight sleepovers
( which I do allow in the summer) EVERYONE MUST BE IN BED in the dark before I can lay down. They can giggle or whatever in the dark.... But I have to sleep as I have to stay on a routine myself..( even if I don't work)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
We stay close but I let her stay up a little later sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I let him stay up later. Maybe a half hour or so.My problem is he doesn't sleep in any later!

momamanda
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM

They stay up a little later. Bedtime is usually 7:30 for 5yodd and 8 for ds7 and dd9. In the summer they all go to bed at 9 sometimes 10 depending on what we are doing. The later they stay up the later they sleep in!

klamomma2
by Kaila on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We keep the same routine for the most part, the kids are usually exhausted by bed time from busy days so they are usually ready.  If they aren't tired they are allowed to stay up an hour or so later.  Those nights I usually just let them make a pallet on the playroom floor and watch a movie til they fall asleep.  

mystictigeress
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I always let them stay up later during the summer. About a week before school starts back we go back to the school-year bedtime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)