Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Is this happening in your city/town

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 55 Replies

My city has implemented a new law -businesses will no longer offer plastic bags. Apparently birds get tangled in the plastic bags and die, so no plastic. Business instead will offer brown paper bag or you can bring or buy your own reusable bag.

Your city doing anything like this?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkmomma06
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM

So far here in Jonesboro, they are still using them...

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Nope, still plastic bags here.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I guess it's just an Austin thing..

Quoting arkmomma06:

So far here in Jonesboro, they are still using them...

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

nope, not that i know of

momto3B
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Mine did it quite a while ago. Most people bring their own bags, but is someone forgets, there are always recycled paper bags. 

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM
We did this a year and a half ago. You get used to it quickly. Now when I shop out of the area and get a plastic bag I feel really guilty about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Linds2Horse:

We did this a year and a half ago. You get used to it quickly. Now when I shop out of the area and get a plastic bag I feel really guilty about it

I'm sure I will feel that way once I get used to this..It's been a rough start since i always forget to bring my reusable bag. I've left stores on more than one occasion with all my items bundled in my arms.

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I heard the other day in Walmart the guy told us that if they were gonna start charging us for plastic bags pretty soon, I was like WTH !?? But thats what he said I don't know if thats true 

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Nevermind probably true , I just googled this, btw I live in Corpus Christi TX

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20130301-paper-or-plastic-not-a-question-anymore-in-austin.ece

Quoting honeydewmommy:

I heard the other day in Walmart the guy told us that if they were gonna start charging us for plastic bags pretty soon, I was like WTH !?? But thats what he said I don't know if thats true 

psych_mom
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM

They've been charging in DC for a while.

Quoting honeydewmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)