Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Go Green: Grow Some Green! ...and WIN Prizes!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 139 Replies
1 mom liked this

Grow Some Green!

There are many benefits to growing trees, shrubs and plants!
They improve the environment by moderating climate, improving air quality, conserving water, and harboring birds and wildlife. Planting also helps to hold soil in it's proper place by reducing erosion and flooding. When we plant, the natural cycles of plant growth, reproduction and decomposition are present, both above and below ground. 

Flower, fruits and vegetables are not only beautiful but, they can be delicious, too!  Even if you live in a small apartment, you can grow a vegetable garden indoors and harvest your own produce. Indoor gardens help to bring the outdoors in and can help make us feel more serene, peaceful and tranquil.

In the replies below, tell us:
Do you enjoy planting and gardening? 
Will you be growing anything this year? What would you like to plant?

Then, click here to "Green" Your Lunch & Win a Lunch Tote! >>

plant a treeClick here to start your Earth Day Journey from the beginning:
Join our Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card and lots of other Prizes, too!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I am hoping to plant green peppers and tomatoes

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM

My dh wants to grow tomatoes, we've not done it before.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I love gardening.We probably wont this summer.But if we did I would plant dill,lettuce,radishes,bell peppers,corn,pumpkin,green beans,peas,green onions,tomatoes,

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM

We do not plant anything like that food wise so to speak ::blush::

muda1954
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I grow fresh herbs in my house,,,I have daffodils and tulips sprouting and lots of hostas,,,planting patunias soom and some other flowers to fill my flower beds,,,growing a veggie garden,,,tomatoes lettuce carrots squash,,peppers and not sure what else but there will be plenty more,,,I love to garden and it keeps me busy,,,I love to mow the lawn as well and today we bought a new Honda lawn mower and I will be mowing tomorrow cause it's going to be in the 60's and sunny!

Flaca43
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I cannot plant outside here, the owners won't allow it. I do want to get another plant for inside the house and later when we move, we will definately be planting a garden!

jsbuck
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I would love to have a garden, but we lease our house and the landlord won't allow it : (.  If I could have a garden I would plant kale, tomatoes, carrots, radishes and parsley.  We do have lots of trees and plants/shrubs in our yard.  One is a pear tree : ).   I just put out fresh mulch a couple of weeks ago and pruned all the plants/shrubs.  Everything is blooming and looks so pretty.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I love gardening. 

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Yes i love to grow our own food. We will be planting tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, maybe some onions, jalapenos, & whatever else I might find.

jas_momof2
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I like gardening - I think...  We have not been anywhere where I could actually grow anything outdoors...  And I kill inside plants, so I don't know...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)