Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Going nice places with your kids?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

Does you take your kids nice places, like sit down restaurants and cultural experiences?

Do you have rules for when you are out and about?

Do you have places you will not take them because they are not kid friendly ?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I have no issues taking my kids most places. They are very well behaved and I have never had any problems with them. I have never taken them to an overly nice restaurant (such as a place that cost $20 or more a person) because I don't see the point in spending that much for someone to eat a meal and dh and I only eat at places like that for our anniversary.

thatgirl70
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

If it's ultra nice, like dress classy nice, no. DH and I actually saved our first date night in 3 years for the occasion of being able to go to a place like that. Other kind of restaurants I don't think twice about.

villagemamma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

My dd is fairly good for only being four. Definitely for only short periods of time though. Shes pretty good in restaurants because there is food to distract her lol

Life.Happens
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Yes, we take them to nice places..They're pretty well behaved...Most of the time..LOL

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. My daughter is very well behaved and has great manners. She knows when we go out she is to act like she has home training or as my mother would say"don't act like you've never been out".. LOL!!

I would not take her to an event that specificially said "no children".

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
We've been to sit down restaurants before. Nothing with cultural experiences. Rules for out and about are basic: Safety, Listening, and Manners. I wont take them to bars ;) haha .... I also don't take them when I know there's not going to be other children around.
luvnature
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids are grown ups now, but  we always included them in just about everything we ever did. we have always brought them with us to restaurants and they knew how to behave and if they happened to have a little fit, most of the time, the staff at those restaurants were understanding. and if I ever saw a place that didn't allow kids, we never bothered going to those places, as we are a family. the only rules we ever had with our kids were that they eat with their mouths closed and say please and thank you and make eye contact with the servers and that they stay sitted and not run around. my kids always behaved in restaurants and always mind their manners. 

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I take my kid everywhere. We took him to a very expensive dinner Thursday night and to the museum yesterday. He knows how to behave. The rules we have when we are out and about are the same rules we have all the time.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM

HAHA..  uhm no.  Not currently.  We have what you would call an "attitude problem" that we need some adjustment on before we venture out to do anyhing like this.  Since she's grounded, even McDonald's is out of the question ATM LOL.

Now when she was an itty bitty baby, we could take her wherever.  She was so quiet..  never cried or made a fuss. We would get compliments all the time.  A switch flipped when she was about 3 and it hasn't been the same since.

There is this ONE place that we MIGHT take her if she's in a super happy mood but that's because they have a train that goes around the entire place and entertains the kiddos every time it comes by.

Wow..  I wrote a book!  ;)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM

We did take our kids to nice places often,
They knew what was expected of them & behaved well :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)