Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Clostridium Difficile & Salmonella

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hello, How would you deal with it when it comes to having Clostridium & Salmonella? Is it very contiguous? What steps you need to take to get better? How would you handle it if you have Diabetes and your children get the infection as well?
Yes, Parents... As of today April 25, 2013. This Infection or Virus is going around Be aware of it take precautions for Children and You. Always wash your hands where ever you go specially in the Hospitals & use sanitizer always and take it with you every where. I found out that the cleaning people dont do the job they suppose to. I went to the E.R Yesterday I decover that the cords to watch T.V, telephones, chairs, restrooms, waiting room areas, etc. Are not disinfected as we thought it was. As a result one person got infected and the chain went on. This virus is very contagious and take extremely precautions.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM

we always keep hands clean and carry handsanitizer anyway..Thanks for sharing.

msguzman
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Yes, excellent and if anyone visits the hospitals make sure not to touch your face or any parts of your body until you put sanitizer on your hands. Is very important. Now in days there are many bacterias, viruses, & infections which ever one may want to call it. Use the satizer wipes always inside home or in public places. 2 thumbs up for you and ur family SassyWildFlower
hugss
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Washing hands often,
Thanks for sharing :)

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Tfs!
rocamom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM

So many things are contaigous and people just don't realize.  wash wash wash

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Always wash your hands before you eat and always wash you uncooked food thoroughly. Raw produce is the #1 cause of Salmonella poisoning in the US
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muda1954
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I have hand saniter in my car in hubbys truck in the camper and I have one clipped on to the strap of my purse and one in my purse....most of the stores also offer the sanitizer for the cart which I also use...so I do keep my hands clean and free of germs as much as possible,,,thank you for sharing this,,,,I was in the ER twice the beggining of last month yuk,,,never thought about the chairs not being sanitized,,,how gross no wonder so much goes around!

msguzman
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Did you know even animals carry this bacteria Clostridium Difficile. Yes, is may start like a cold but it might also be the bacteria. How can u tell on humans? Well, it varies on people so pay attention because people have died because of this.
It might look like a cold or the flu You start having Fever that doesnt want to go away or Diarrhea, watery diarrhea with or with out bloody stool followed by a bad strong smell that you cant stand, body chills, stomach cramping, abdominal pain that you might think you going to start your period This are the Extreme factors you want to look for. Did you know that in 2012 many people lost their lifes because of this. So, dont wait if your doctor tells you is just a cold or flu. Tell them and urge to have your stool tested for this bacteria.
I went to the Home Depot and I told one of the workers to close the restroom & to satizied the area where my daughter use the restroom when I found out she had blood in her stool. She said I will call it in but she never did. How did I knew they didnt! Well, i went back to the restroom and seen the restroom sink and toilet was still dirty. I seen when one customer was about to use the sink & told her not to use that one. She thank me for telling her & at the same time there was a worker there and didnt do nothing about it. She was like in her 65-70 yrs of age and to think that an elderly would care about this type of things. Yeah Right! She didnt do nothing about it.
You will be surprise how many people dont wash there hands after using the restroom and its true. An older woman went to the restroom in JcPenney as I washed my hands I seen the lady approach the sink and just sprinkle her hands with water and left. Eeew! I told my daughter see baby this one of the reasons I tell you to always use a tissue when you open the water sink and the door when leaving the restroom. Public restroom areas are very dirty ex: toilet paper, sinks, baby changing tables, floor & most of all the DOOR HANDLE. DONT NEVER TAKE MORE THAN 15 MIN IN THE THE PUBLIC RESTROOM TOILET. Help by not spreading Germs Just Love. Be one of the people that cares for other peoples safety like me. If you witness this type of things CARE & SHARE YOUR STORY. IT WILL HELP OTHER PEOPLE BELIEVE IT OR NOT. There is people that still care in this world and they are the ones that make the world go around. Thank You Ladies.
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Yes, I'm very aware that animals can get colostrium difficile.  Did you know it can stay dormant, as a spore, in your body for 10 years before expressing itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)