Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Home Buyers Warranty...

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 15 Replies

We have owned this home now for 5 years, I love my house. I had things go wrong..of course LOL. Pipe  busted, AC has gone out, Disposal out twice,  complete duct repairs for my ac in the attics, and termite costs. 

Last night my Overhead Microwave went out. So I thought oh those things can't be more than $100,  nope I was wrong for my Kenmore Elite, apparantly $600

So I call my Warranty..LUCKILY they are going to cover the cost or repair or replacement, Thank goodness for the warranty. 

I stand corrected my husband  just stated that Microwave cost $1500 , either way we pay $60 they replace or repair it

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Good deal!!

psych_mom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Glad they are covering it. My house is 10 years old already, so when we purchase it, the only thing covered under the warranty will be the A/C unit that was just replaces.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

We bought this ins for the new owners when we sold our house....we bought it for 5 years....it was to protect what we had installed...to keep us from paying for something that may go wrong since most of the warranties didnt transfer to new owners...it has been over 5 years, so we are good to go to not pay anything...it seems kind of useless but we just wanted to prtect ourselves from a possible huge expense.

psych_mom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hmmm... wonder if we can look into something like that when buy the house.

Quoting QuiltLover:

We bought this ins for the new owners when we sold our house....we bought it for 5 years....it was to protect what we had installed...to keep us from paying for something that may go wrong since most of the warranties didnt transfer to new owners...it has been over 5 years, so we are good to go to not pay anything...it seems kind of useless but we just wanted to prtect ourselves from a possible huge expense.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Stcy, it needs to be purchased by the seller...BUT. If he would buy it, and you paid for the premium.....our was $400 for the total ins for a 5 year period..it covered the furnace, heat pump, alll appliances, etc...well worth the money

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting QuiltLover:

psych_mom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Definitely something we will be talking about. Thank you for the info!

Quoting QuiltLover:

Stcy, it needs to be purchased by the seller...BUT. If he would buy it, and you paid for the premium.....our was $400 for the total ins for a 5 year period..it covered the furnace, heat pump, alll appliances, etc...well worth the money

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting QuiltLover:

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

wow!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

That's awesome :)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

We had a home warranty the first year we were in our house. When it looked like the water heater was leaking, some guys came out and we paid $50 for them to pull the water heater out and replace it with a brand-new one. Unfortunately, the water heater was NOT the problem and they KNEW it wasn't, but did that anyway, in addition to making a crappy repair on a pipe in the wall. So, a short time later, we had a flood in our laundry room AGAIN but the warranty service had expired. The plumbers we chose that time said it was good we didn't have the warranty because they would've denied serving us since the warranties pay slowly and pay very little to the plumbers. That group found the problem was a pipe under the slab and, although it cost us $175 for that, they fixed it AND fixed the crappy job done by the other plumbers who we now refer to as Dumb and Dumber. Seriously, they were that bad - they DUCT TAPED part of the pipe! So, I think warranties can be good, but be sure the warranty service lets you choose a GOOD serviceman for the job AND that the companies in your area will accept your warranty service. I learned that here, the only ones who DO accept the warranty as far as plumbing and electrical are the Dumb and Dumber group.

honeydewmommy
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I agree, let me tell you, the first year we bought our house we had a leak in the 1/2 bath coming from the cieling, they sent a plumber who swore it was the AC. I am not stupid I told him if the AC leaked it would leak to the closets in the master bed, becuase thats where the run off was, he was trying to leave without finishing. I told him to please go upstairs and flush the toilet, he flushed....it leaked, busted pipe.  

Yes I agree you have to be careful and go behind people and ur gut feeling is usually right. We have the plumbing, but we don't have the electrical, I know that because aI paid over $800 a last year for emergency grounding repair. LOL 

I cannot believe the duct taped ur pipe, I would be so angry and  would have had them pay for the damages !!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

We had a home warranty the first year we were in our house. When it looked like the water heater was leaking, some guys came out and we paid $50 for them to pull the water heater out and replace it with a brand-new one. Unfortunately, the water heater was NOT the problem and they KNEW it wasn't, but did that anyway, in addition to making a crappy repair on a pipe in the wall. So, a short time later, we had a flood in our laundry room AGAIN but the warranty service had expired. The plumbers we chose that time said it was good we didn't have the warranty because they would've denied serving us since the warranties pay slowly and pay very little to the plumbers. That group found the problem was a pipe under the slab and, although it cost us $175 for that, they fixed it AND fixed the crappy job done by the other plumbers who we now refer to as Dumb and Dumber. Seriously, they were that bad - they DUCT TAPED part of the pipe! So, I think warranties can be good, but be sure the warranty service lets you choose a GOOD serviceman for the job AND that the companies in your area will accept your warranty service. I learned that here, the only ones who DO accept the warranty as far as plumbing and electrical are the Dumb and Dumber group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)