Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I get a paycheck...

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 20 Replies
What do you think? Seems like an amazing guy to me!

Charles Ramsey Says ‘I Get A Paycheck, Give The Reward’ To Kidnapped Women

Charles Ramsey has largely been hailed as a hero after his actions leading to the dramatic rescue of not only Amanda Berry, but her fellow kidnap victims — Berry’s daughter, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight.

After the rescue, Charles Ramsey became famous in part due to a candid video interview he gave in the rescue’s aftermath. Seemingly unimpressed with his own actions, Ramsey spoke of knowing the women’s captor and even sharing barbecues with him, unaware the man was keeping women prisoner in his home.

Since the events of Monday afternoon in Cleveland, Ramsey seems to largely reject the hero worship heaped upon him. Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, the suddenly famous man again eschewed the label, telling the anchor his action were simple common decency:

“No, no, no. Bro, I’m a Christian, an American, and just like you. We bleed same blood, put our pants on the same way. It’s just that you got to put that – being a coward, and I don’t want to get in nobody’s business. You got to put that away for a minute.”

During the interview, Cooper mentioned a reward offered by the FBI for information leading to the whereabouts of Amanda Berry, but Charles Ramsey seemed wholly uninterested — in fact, he believes any money offered should go not to him, but to Berry:

“I tell you what you do, give [the reward] to them. Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway. Just went picked it up, paycheck.”

Ramsey continues:

“What that address say? [...] 2203 Seymour. Where are them girls living? Right next door to this paycheck. So yes, take that reward and give it to—that little girl[.]”

Charles Ramsey also told Cooper that while money concerns had kept him sleepless in the past, he has had difficulty since the rescue as he was troubled by the plight of the kidnapped women.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/653083/charles-ramsey-reward/#j1Qpwo80uaxOVzzI.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Wow!!  Good for him!

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I think he has a heart of gold! I watched his interview with Anderson Cooper and my heart broke, for him, when he talked about learning that those ladies (and child) were being held hostage, for all that time. You could see how bothered he was, by that fact. Bless his heart!

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM

aww that's so very sweet of him to give that money away. You know any reward is typically 100k.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I think it is very awesome of him. A lot of greedy people in this world and could have totally been one of them but he decided it needed to go to the victims. That right there is a hero!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Right??

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Wow!!  Good for him!

Jukebox_Jenny
I enjoyed that interview too.

Quoting offrdngal:

I think he has a heart of gold! I watched his interview with Anderson Cooper and my heart broke, for him, when he talked about learning that those ladies (and child) were being held hostage, for all that time. You could see how bothered he was, by that fact. Bless his heart!

Jukebox_Jenny
Right??

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

aww that's so very sweet of him to give that money away. You know any reward is typically 100k.

Lovemyshadows
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM

There really are some good people left in this world.  He's right the girls do deserve the money.  What a fine, lovely man he is.  May God richly bless him.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM
In reality I wouldn't have faulted him for taking it! I'm sure he could use it, who couldn't? But I think it speaks volumes for his character.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I think it is very awesome of him. A lot of greedy people in this world and could have totally been one of them but he decided it needed to go to the victims. That right there is a hero!
Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Restores my faith in humanity for sure!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

There really are some good people left in this world.  He's right the girls do deserve the money.  What a fine, lovely man he is.  May God richly bless him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)