Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Birthday Invites - school

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

1) Do you send invites to the whole class room?

2) How far in advance do you send them?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Not this year. I know the type of parents the kids in her class have and I'm really not comfortable with those kids just being dumped off at my house. 

aj23
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I send then for the whole grade. In all 3 classes there's only about 50 kids and less than half will show. They all play together and do things together so he has friends in each class. I don't have parties at my house though. There are a lot of community buildings you can rent here for $40 for the day so I usually use one of those options but this year I opted for the bowling alley.

Here the standard seems to be send it 2 weeks before the party. I'm actually handing some out next week (2 weeks early) and others the week after because most parents will be at the school for kindergarten graduation and I can hand them out to them. The graduation is on Monday and the party it's the following Saturday.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM
When my son was in preschool we invited his entire class. He went to public kinder and I felt the same as the poster above. I didn't want a lot of the parents at my home. I was afraid try would case it. We had his party near his former preschool and invited those friends. This year we took him to Legoland instead of a party. His BFF joined us for one night in our hotel
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

We never did when my kids were younger ;)

muda1954
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Back in my day we were allowed to have the bday parties in the class room for my kids so I did it that way but always did something special with the family 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM

My daughter's bday is in the summer so we invite her regular school friends and summer school friends. I send/hand deliver invites 2 weeks prior to party and a reminder two days before the party. 

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

For Emily's last Birthday I didn't invite the whole class but that is usually what I do. 

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM

We have a thing called Birthday Club at the school. They celebrate all the kids Birthday's of the month!

lalasmama2007
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM

At my DD's school you have to invite the entire class or all the kids that are the same sex as the birthday child.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Nope, just the ones she wants to invite and we did it about 2- 3 weeks ahead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)