Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Some Opinions Needed Please

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 20 Replies

I am trying to do our guest room in a shabby chic style,,so far this is what I have done,,,going to paint the lamp white and do something with the shade,,,what would you do for the windows and anything else!!

by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I would do lace sheers for the curtains. My room is a shabby cottage style, painted blue and I am making a quilt for the bed. Ruffles, sheer fabric, flowers, pinks and blues go well with the style. Mine is toned down since I do share the room with a man, and I wanted a cottage influence.

Pictures of flowers would work well and don't worry about the frames being matchy matchy, the pictures themsevles just need to have a similar color family.

psych_mom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, you can also use pictures of birds, butterflies and things like that as well. Maybe some throw pillows in eyelet fabric would be pretty.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

When I have viewed said rooms, they usually incorporate a heavily shagged rug...love them, have one in the loft bathroom, I have also seen the rooms painted a soft pink, green, blue, etc. I love it when they paint a room a solid color and then do a striped wall, all using the shabby chic colors....using a chair railing is also very shabby, placing pegs on it and then merchandising the pegs....love your start...visit some antique malls or booths, they have the neatest ideas of all.

Some.Beach
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd do a fluffy shag carpet rug, sheer lace curtains, and redo the cushion on the chair to something that has a vintage pattern feel to it. I also like taking old picture frames and making an arrangement out of those on the wall, or framing things like old skeleton keys or dried florals and things in them.

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Sunday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Love the suggestions you were given,
Let us know what you decide :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Great suggestions from the previous posters. I would  arrange the room differently everything seems to be grouped in one corner. I would get a distress dresser or side table.  I would do a different chair-something like this(in off white)

❥ cottage style~ the wicker, the pillow, the flowers, the silver, the china... *sighs*

muda1954
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

These are all great ideas,,thank you so much for all the help ladies!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

I would do lace sheers for the curtains. My room is a shabby cottage style, painted blue and I am making a quilt for the bed. Ruffles, sheer fabric, flowers, pinks and blues go well with the style. Mine is toned down since I do share the room with a man, and I wanted a cottage influence.

Pictures of flowers would work well and don't worry about the frames being matchy matchy, the pictures themsevles just need to have a similar color family.

I would move the bed to the wall on the right and incorporate Stacy's flower picture idea to the wall the bed is on.
Wish2Be
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I am not feeling the pink...when I think shabby chic...I am thinking a less flashy color. Good luck though.

coronado25
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Tear up the carpet and do hardwood? Toss the satin bed ruffle? Love the wicker and the lamp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)