Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How would you feel?

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 19 Replies

Ok so next weekend my Husband and I have a wedding to attend out of state.  So, my parents are coming to stay the weekend and take care of them.  I am SUPER greatful and I know they will be in GREAT hands.

Well my mom casually mentions something to me about my brother and his family coming too.  UUMM REALLY because NO ONE asked me.. Do I care that they want to come well they don't come when I am here so yes it hurts a little.. 

Anyway, do you think my brother should at least CALL and tell me he plans on staying at my house? I would totally say YES or well I won't be there so check with mom.. I mean I am obviously going to find out from my kids if they came or not.  I just feel it's more respectful if they at least mention it.  My mom wasn't 100% sure of their plan.

Just curious what you all think..  I'm just annoyed at my brother not really caring about my feelings.  The only time we visit with them is when we go to their house..  It's VERY sad.  Oh and my nieces birthday is coming up and NO ONE has mentioned the plans to me.  I have having to ASK what the plans are and if I don't say anything I usually find out about 3 days before and then my mom gives me the guilt trip as to why we didn't go to her Birthday party :(.. UGH I can NEVER win..

WOW I feel MUCH better now that I vented.. LOL!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Your brother is planning on coming to your house whilst you are not going to be there? Did I understand the story right? why would he do that, what is the purpose? I am thinking I would call him and ask him what the deal is...if you cant come when I am there, we have a problem and fill me in as to what it is...thats what I would do, I would want to confront where the issue is coming from.

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I would tell your mom that your brother can get a hotel room.  You don't mind her staying at your house, you don't want the house full while you are gone.

I would tell my brother (I have sisters) that no, he can not stay at my house when I am gone, regardless of the fact that mom will be there.  He deosn't want to stay there any other time, he doesn't need to stay there this time.

psych_mom
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting QuiltLover:

Your brother is planning on coming to your house whilst you are not going to be there? Did I understand the story right? why would he do that, what is the purpose? I am thinking I would call him and ask him what the deal is...if you cant come when I am there, we have a problem and fill me in as to what it is...thats what I would do, I would want to confront where the issue is coming from.

SassyWildflower
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Me too. 

Quoting psych_mom:

I agree with this.

Quoting QuiltLover:

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I won't be here but my parents will be..  He is doing it because he's an ass :) 

Quoting QuiltLover:

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

See that's the thing.  I really don't care.  My annoyance is that he hasn't said ANYTHING to me at all.. UGH!! 

Quoting offrdngal:

I would tell your mom that your brother can get a hotel room.  You don't mind her staying at your house, you don't want the house full while you are gone.

I would tell my brother (I have sisters) that no, he can not stay at my house when I am gone, regardless of the fact that mom will be there.  He deosn't want to stay there any other time, he doesn't need to stay there this time.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I am sorry, Amy, sometimes you got to wonder how we all are related...you know about the issues with my son...it gets more weird as life goes on...just let it roll off your back.the first time in 8 years he sent me a Happy Moms Day on facebook...good thing, right? Well, later on this week, I made a good comment on a picture he posted...yeah, got told off...where did that come from? Anyway, sorry for the crap you get.....love that you handle it so well...you are a better woman than myself......

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

your brother sounds like an inconsiderate ass........have your plans or feelings ever mattered to him ??????

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Nope and my mom ALWAYS takes his side too.. It's super fun..

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

your brother sounds like an inconsiderate ass........have your plans or feelings ever mattered to him ??????

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

When it's my Birthday I usually get a text message, NOT even a phone call.. my brother isn't on FB other wise that would be all that he sould do.. It's really sad because my brother and I used to be VERY close.. It breaks my heart but there is nothing that I can do about it..

Quoting QuiltLover:

I am sorry, Amy, sometimes you got to wonder how we all are related...you know about the issues with my son...it gets more weird as life goes on...just let it roll off your back.the first time in 8 years he sent me a Happy Moms Day on facebook...good thing, right? Well, later on this week, I made a good comment on a picture he posted...yeah, got told off...where did that come from? Anyway, sorry for the crap you get.....love that you handle it so well...you are a better woman than myself......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)