Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Where in The Heck is a good,cheap place to stay near or around Myrtle Beach,SC

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

So we have been putting off our vacation for 5 yrs an my hubby came home yesterday an said 3rd week of June pack your bags were going to the Beach .......I have only been to Myrtle Beach 1 time before but it wasn't for a vacation (funeral :(  ) so any places you know of to eat,sleep,activities?????  Thanks for any an all suggestions :)

by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BannerElkHogans
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM

cheapest place I could find is the Baymont Inn 67$ a night an it's 3 to 4 star - however it's in Georgetown,SC which is 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach :(........

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on May. 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I am thinking that since you are going to one of the most popular places  to vacation at the most popular  time of the year, that there wont be any cheap places to stay, but , hey, good luck...There is tons to do there from golf, to fishing, swimming, beach roaming, shopping, touristy places all over...it is a fabulous place.

jridgill
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

How many people are going? We go there many times a year but my aunt owns a condo there. Before we would stay at The Landmark, Sand Dunes (I think that's the one). One year we stayed at one that had an indoor waterpark and it was great. We even got a special where we got free breakfast and lunch each day. The breakfast was a all you can eat bar and it was good. The lunch was hamburger or hotdog, chips, and a drink. Look for some places near marketplace commons or broadway at the beach. If you go too cheap you are going to get what you pay for. In June you will be looking at prices ranging from $120 and up for a decent place.

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Me,The Old Man an our Youngin :)...........if June is Pricey what other month would be better ???? an we hate shopping,golf,tourist places crawling with germs :(  sorry I'm a major Germaphobe ..lol

psych_mom
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, any month that is warm, it is going to be pretty expensive to head to the beach. There are some places that aren't really touristy places that are just for the beach that you could go too that are small towns and you might have better luck. You can also see if there any hotels like they Hilton that offer pre-sales on rooms. When we go places during the peak tourist season we check for rooms that we purchase before we leave home and sometimes that can save $30-$60 a night.

johnsmama98
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM

The Conway Inn, in Conway, SC, it's not far from Myrtle Beach.

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I would google it. I think there are campgrounds near there too. Have fun!

muda1954
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM

what is it that you like to do?

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

Me,The Old Man an our Youngin :)...........if June is Pricey what other month would be better ???? an we hate shopping,golf,tourist places crawling with germs :(  sorry I'm a major Germaphobe ..lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:07 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM

What have you decided yet, do you know?

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I've never been to SC so I can't offer any suggestions. My parents own a house on the beach in California and the weekly rent is double for the weeks school is on break because there is so much demand. Try going off peak which usually begins the second week of September and extends through mid December.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN